Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I was trying not to notice but I can't stand it anymore.

I was really trying not to pay attention to the Breaking Dawn countdown. I thought if I wasn't aware of the date, then I wouldn't be so anxious to have the book in my hands. Well, that all failed tonight. Kai is gone with the scouts on a camping trip, and I took the girls to the library. I was looking for a book to read (for some unknown reason I am a sucker for old westerns, Louis L'Amour and Zane Grey). Anyway I was looking and looking and looking and then I realized that what I was really looking for wasn't there and wouldn't even come out until August 2. Dang it. Books play in my head like a movie, and I hate not knowing how a movie ends. Now that I know the date I can't pretend to ignore it anymore. Curse my own awareness!!!

I have NEVER been star struck before, but I think I would really like to meet Stephenie Meyer. I would love to take a long drive with her and have her tell me stories like I was a little kid. I guess I can put that wish in my never to be fulfilled jar.

I did get two Louis L'Amour books to hold me over, The Empty Land and Dark Canyon, (big sigh) but I am sure they just won't hit the spot.

7 comments:

JoAnna Anderson said...

I know what you are talking about!! I'm trying not to do my internet searches to see if there will be any reviews, find more info.... You know I don't live too far from Forks! There was a newspaper article about it & the lady who works at one of the tour spots said that people come there expecting to see a vampire or warewolf...and she said, I'm NOT kidding! Those characters are so real in my head!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the nice memories! Yes, I was the subway girl, but I didn't know I was the cute/nice one. That's always nice to hear. :) I know what you mean about Stephenie Meyer. Did you read that girl's blog about meeting her at that ward in WA? I had put it on my blog and I wondered if anyone cared to check it out. I thought it was neat. Have you ever read any Mary-Higgins Clark books or James Patterson books? They are pretty good. If you are a John Grisham fan, you'd probably like them. I might have to try your recommendations about the westerns.

Leah said...

Ok, so tell me why I was thinking the same exact thing.. I've been checking and checking my front porch for the book and low and behold I keep not realizing I have 2 more days! Luckily it's not on our anniversary cause I'd disappear and not even see John! I'm so excited!!

The Framptons said...

So did you get the book? I hadnow idea when it was coming out either until all one of my students asked me if i was going to go get it at midnight. I bought it first thing saturday morning. However I have not started reading it yet because I still have "chores" I need to get done this weekend and I know once I start the book I will not put it down for anything and the rest of my life will be neglected until I finish it sooo, It is sitting on my counter taunting me.

BTW... I hadn't realized Jeremy posted that last blog about first memories. When I read your comment I was laughing because it brought back so many memories of TVA. You guys were the BEST neighbors EVER!!!! You guys were the first people we met when we got to Hawaii.

We are goimg to be here in this weekend. Let us take you guys out while you are up here. Call us, my girls would love to see your girls again.

libbie said...

I can't wait to read the book either. but I am going to hold off as long as I can, because I want to borrow someones copy so I don't have to buy it! I am turning so cheap in my old age!

Sunnie said...

it was so fun to see you on our long trip! your family is so cute. take care of jake's brother levi for us! he said he's played b-ball with kai. that is too funny! can't wait for BD. hopefully mine comes in the mail tomorrow!

The Dean Family said...

so many things:
1. the moth story is so funny..
2. that's so fun that you met up the dyers!!
3. looks like you guys had a great time in california!!
4. i understand your delima about kindergarten..i'm for half day..but get this...everyone over here sends their kids to "pre-school" (really a glorified babysitter)..from 7:30-4:00 sometimes later...and i get the stangest looks that i keep ella home..i know a lot of it has to do with the fact that everyone works here..but HELLO i only have these 5 yrs. w/ her and they are already slippin' by way too fast..so i understand your thoughts!!