Monday, July 28, 2008

Twinkle Toes Commercial

So, remember about the commercial I said my girl's got to be in? Well, it was fun, but mostly because for our payment we got to use the cool rec center facility it was filmed at! What a cool place. It had an awesome work out facility, a rock climbing wall, a humongous pool complete with water slide, lazy river and water playground. The kids had a blast. But let me back track a bit. While we were waiting our turn to film our part of the dance commercial, we got to watch several other groups dance. One of them was a Hawaiian group. They did the hula and two Tahitian numbers. They were so good. They had the tiniest little girl in their group, she was maybe two and she was so cute to watch. When our turn came up the girl's mostly did stretching and warm ups. It really didn't even seem like a commercial, more like a recital. They had one camera rolling around the floor and it was really very unobtrusive.
I thought this was so cute because it was completely candid. I turned around and they were hugging like this. I have no idea what prompted it but I sure enjoyed it.

These water beams kept Bubba quite entertained.
A few of the people from the Hawaiian group were from BYUH. Kai spent a little time talking story withe them and then asked the dance teacher if she would come to Mesquite to teach a class. She said she would if she had a t least 10 students, and she preferred to do a class on Friday because then she could go to the Casino afterwards for the all you can eat seafood buffet. Leave it to a Hawaiian to plan an activity around food. We have been trying to find 8 other people to take the class ever since. I wonder if she would do an adult class. I would love to learn to. I can't believe I lived in Hawaii and never learned the hula! Shame on Me!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

oh fun!! they look like they really enjoyed themselves! I love their little outfits too! And look at Malachi he's like amazed by that water! I wish I could take a dancing class.. good exercise and SO much fun!

Sherrie said...

I want to go to the water park with Sean! What a fun time that would be.

I'm glad Sean got to spend some quality time with your kids. Is he teaching them guitar or is Jill? Maybe they will grow up to be entertainers...what fun!

I really enjoyed the pix. It's nice to see your grandma and Candi, too.

I haven't been there since Crystal Cove was called Scotchmans Cove. Did you have a chance to go to the Date Shake place and have an Orange Juice Shake? I hear they still make them. Yummy!

I'm glad you had so much fun here and hope you will move back soon.

Love,

Sherrie