Monday, July 28, 2008

Is a 76 year old woman to old to have the Disney Princesses on her cake? Because that is what she is getting. Lets make her wear a tiara, too.

Lots and lots of posts today! This is the last thought I promise! I found out that my brother Chris who is on his mission is able to get onto my blog and check things out. This inspires me to show more pictures and write a few more things. Hi Chris!!!

My Grandma turned 76 this year and we celebrated her birthday 3 times! We had a family party at my Aunt and Uncles house, had cake and ice cream, then we went to her house on the actual day and had cake and ice cream again. Later we had another family birthday party at my Mom's house and had cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun. I made her a scrapbook full of her old family pictures and tons of fun facts and events that happened in the year 1932. It was so much fun to make and she loved it. I told my mom I would make one for her 76Th birthday too, but she said she'd prefer it for her 55Th. I am sorry to say I don't have a picture of the cake or tiara wearing. I am really slacking!
This is us celebrating birthday number 3. After dinner Cambria came to me and said, " Mom, come with me, I found something really scary." This is a picture of what she was talking about,it is the world's largest moth that got caught in our tent/gazebo. I thought that moths that size only existed in Hawaii. I saw a moth like this is the Hale three bathroom over the sink by unit 209. I went somewhere else to brush my teeth.
You'll have to read the below post to know how special the encore of this concert was. My kids just love to play "concert." It was great.
My kids love uncle Sean. I wondered if Bubba thought he was Kai. Sometimes he looked at him searchingly.
It was so hot in the dang house! If you remember I told you that one of the two things that I missed about Mesquite was my AC, the other being my husband. We ate dinner outside every chance we could. The weather cooled off faster than the house did. It was so fun. I wish we could do that here in Mesquite but its usually still 100 plus degrees at 10PM.
One of the cool things we did was attend La Mirada's new multi- million dollar aquatic facility. My brother Sean works there and got us in free. Thanks, Sean!! This place has two huge pools, a large lazy river, three adult water slides, a kid play structure (seen behind my girls), a pirate playground. It is a really fun place to go.
Part of the Pirate structure. My kids had almost as much fun on this as they did in the water.

We had a great time in California! Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with us and helping us and playing with us and all the other wonderful things you did (like buying Cambria a whole new school wardrobe!!!!- she'll be the best dresses- if I can bear to let her go!)

4 comments:

Leah said...

Ok so you guys had WAY to much fun. I wish I was at a water park right now, it's so dang hot here!! Hey when are you guys coming into town I heard it was like Fri or Sat? I want to make sure we get to see a lot of you guys!!

adairfamily said...

Wow your kids are getting so big, I cannot believe you are going to have a little one in kindergarten. Sometimes I feel we are behind the ball a bit with the whole kids things. Such a cute family!

Stephanie said...

That waterpark looks like so much fun! I'll bet your girls were in heaven! That's so cool that your grandma got a princess-style birthday! I'll bet she loved it and it made her feel young again!

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness, we saw the same huge moth in Lake Tahoe. We just got back from vacationing there. We couldn't believe how big it was either. I went to BYUH for a semester and I didn't get to see them there, but I did see a cockroach run out of my room once! Yuck! When were you and Kai at BYUH? I was there in '91.
Kimberly Nelson