I am still on vacation and can't download pictures yet. I have only been on the computer three times and I can't tell you how exciting it is to see so many comments from all of you. I have a lot of catching up to do with you on your blogs!
Thank you so much for sounding off on the kindergarten issue. It was great to hear what so many of you had to say. Last night was one of the few nights that all of my children slept soundly (we are all in the same room) and I ended up being tired in the morning anyway because I couldn't stop thinking about all day vs. half day kindergarten!! UGH!!!
Also thank you for all the memories. I laughed out loud at most of them!! How fun to relive those moments through your eyes! I can't wait to check your blogs to see if you are "playing" that game too!
So, my Mom and I have been shopping for Cambria's school clothes. It has been so fun. We hit our first store today and then had to come home to put the kiddos down for a nap. They were all a little cranky! So I looked on line at a few shops and thought I love some of the clothes, I can't stand the prices. My husband is a teacher you know:) (bless his heart) and we don't have a big budget to work with. Does anyone have a favorite store with good prices/deals??!!
Also we have had many fond and memorable moments on this trip and I wanted to write a few of my favorite down. So it is time for:
SEEN and HEARD
Heard:
1. By Kiera referring to my make up.
Mom, I like your lips.
Ooohhhhh, I like your eyes too!
You look like a wicked witch!
Heard:
2. Cambria, teasing Kiera.
C: Kiera, I am the American flag talking to you! (kind of a haunted ghosty voice)
K: The American Flag??? (disbelief)
C: Yes, the American flag, but I can't hear you because I am old. I am old but I do not wear
glasses.
SEEN:
Malachi taking his first steps!!! (Kai was sad about that one!)
Kiera after Cambria did something nice:
Thank you Cambria, you are the bestest sister ever. The best sister I ever met.
Cambria, upset that she had to do quiet time away from the adults:
(she gets scared easily and hides behind her blanket)
If no one will watch this movie with me, I'll just sit here by myself and watch the scary parts!
Heard:
After we looked at a few houses that were for sale:
Me: Well, girls I guess we are stuck in Mesquite, we won't be moving here anytime soon. (Then thinking I need to be more positive I add,) but that's okay, you like Mesquite don't you?
Cambria: Mom, I love it her! (then as if reading a check list) You got your parents, you care for them . . . holding her hand out to add emphasis)
Me: You're right we should move here.:)
Seen and heard:
Malachi clapping for himself and making a noise that sounds like "yaaaaay."
Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...





5 comments:
Ok, that is so cute!! Malachi is starting to take steps and clap! AH!! How exciting!! And the girls are so funny!! I can't wait to see you guys next week!!
Ok shopping advice, you can ALWAYS find good deals on some nice name brand stuff at Ross and TJ Maxx. I buy a lot of Alex's stuff there. Sign up for coupons at Children's Place and they send/email coupons for 10-20% off $50 or more. Same with Carter's, if she can still fit in their clothing. (up to 55 lbs) Pay-less is great for shoes that's where we buy most of Jenny's shoes, and they seem stay together pretty good. Target is always great too!
I hate to spend a lot when kids grow so fast!!
My friend, who actually makes a lot of money, gets most of her school clothes at second hand stores. She's VERY patient. If you are patient enough, the kids actually have really cute clothes and you would never suspect them to be second hand. Also, I shop the clearance racks and Macy's, Target and Old Navy and get some great deals. I just got two t-shirts, an Ecko polo, a whole Kenneth Cole 3 piece outfit for Austin for 30 bucks at Macy's yesterday. Also Ross is another great place if you don't mind searching a bit. Have fun in Cali!!
It was fun seeing you and the kids. sorry we missed Kai. Have a safe trip home!
i just caught up on your blog! I am glad you are having a great trip. I can totally relate the the kindegergarten thing. Just thinking about it give me severe anxiety. I also stress out about Edyn riding the bus. I rode the bus, and bad things happen on the bus, so I have come to the conclusion that I will be taking her and picking her up every day, even though she wants to ride it. It is such a struggle.
We haven't even thought about school shopping yet! WE are on a tight budget too, so I am hoping that we will get some good hand me downs, but usually we get her clothes at target or Old Navy. Walmart,suprisingly has some really cute stuff sometimes too!
Malachi is walking now?! Where has the time gone? Love the seen and heard, those are always fun to read! I have a hard time recalling them sometimes for my own blog! About the shopping for kids...you know, I'm a fan of the "gently used items" at the second hand children's stores. Sometimes I will get them stuff from target or whatever, but they grow out of it so quickly and mine don't care where the heck it comes from, so I'm blessed. (We have friends that have kids the same ages as ours and their kids would not settle for imitation crocs, let alone something that is not fromt the gap.) Yikes!
Post a Comment