I accidentally did this whole post backwards. So we are starting with the end. Crystal Cove. It's a beautiful beach in Newport. Kai and his other wife, my brother Chris, used to go surfing there together all the time. They would tell us stories about crystal clear waters and encounters with
mantarays, seals, dolphins, and baby sharks. This family trip however, was the first time I had ever been. We didn't see any of the mentioned sea life, but we did see lots of anemone, a lobster tail, and little small fish in tide pools. I have to tell you that I am quite relieved not to have seen any sharks, babies or not.




We were able to meet up with our
BYUH buddies the Dyers. I can't believe I don't have any good pictures of them to post. I feel like I took hundreds, but it seems they were mostly of
Bubba and their little girl Tessa, who is just a tad bit younger. Her they are below in a little blow up pool full of salt water. Its a much safer way for babies to experience the ocean. It also makes a good hot tub for return surfers coming out of the cold ocean. (you remember that that,
Caca:)) The few I did get of the Dyer Family I will need to zoom and crop so that you can actually see them.

My little white beauty just loves the beach. We were there for 6 hours and water babies instant waterproof spray did a great job. I think I did reapply it once.

When we got to Grammy and Papa's house poor
Bubba was so tired he fell asleep right on Papa's lap. My kids rarely, if ever just "fall" asleep like this.

See, totally out of order. I didn't plan this post very very well. I was trying to download my pictures at the same item I was making dinner. They take so much longer to download since my pixels are bigger and I can only do three at a time. It seems like it takes for ever!!!

We had so much fun frolicking in the waves and playing in the sand. It makes me wish we lived much closer to the ocean. I love this picture below. I am going to blow it up and change the color to sepia. Isn't it weird how your kids change your life. If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would ever love and adore something or someone so much, I would never have been able to comprehend it.

This was a scary little rest stop that I don't think we will ever use again. I can't even remember where it was. There was a big Ron Paul sign on the front, The shop was full of shady characters and I rushed the girls' in and out. We did feel safe enough however, to pose by this cowboy and water feature.

Cambria and
Kiera felt quite musical on this trip. Uncle Sean encouraged their "beautiful" music. It was truly a time to remember. I can't even find the words to describe the noise that was made by these two. It brought me to tears. I had to leave the room so they wouldn't see me burst into hysterics. I think only my mom and my brother Sean will ever fully be able to appreciate this picture.
2 comments:
Those beach pics are great! What a great idea to bring a blow-up pool for Bubba also. We just kept digging a hole for Cole when we were at the beach. He was content to sit in it for a while and enjoy the waves getting him a little. I wish I could have heard the girls playing their duet. :)
We had a great time with you guys. I promise that I will get you some of the pictures that I took at the beach of the girls together. We might try and go to zions this weekend....big MAYBE?! We will let you know if we go. Lets go together.
Post a Comment