So I don't know if any of you remember my uncomfortable "Liar, Liar" post (it can be found here) http://kaidavis12.blogspot.com/2007/10/liar-liar.html
Well, it seems I have found myself in another predicament.
My name is Amy Davis, and apparently, I'm a thief.
Let me explain.
Today when I dropped Cambria off at school, I noticed that the DI (Desert Industries) storage bin was in our church parking lot and it just happend to be open. I thought "Great! I can finally get rid of all the things that I have been saving to donate!"
I went home and filled up my van with 10 enormous bags full of clothes, toys and shoes. My van was stuffed. I am not exaggerating when I say I had a lot of things to donate.
I drove to the church parking lot and backed my van up to the open container door and began to unload. In the process, Kiera saw a "cute" pink plastic table and chair. It was very used and dirty. When I picked it up a side pocket was full of fruity pebbles. She asked if she could have it. I gave in after a little back and forth conversation and said she could. I didn't really think that it was a big deal because who ever put it there didn't want it and I had dropped off more than enough stuff for me to think it was a fair trade. I also found a very cute and small statue of Christ knocking on a door without a handle so, I took it too.
I put them in the car and I heard a man yelling in the distance, "Hey, Hey!" It barely registered since it was so far away. As I looked up from my car I saw a man standing at the entrance to the Stake center staring at me with his hand on his hip. It was a good distance away so it still took a minute to register in my brain that he didn't think I was emptying my van of belongings to donate, He thought I was filling my van with free stuff.
I suddenly felt hot and bothered even though I felt like I had done nothing wrong. The mere thought of him thinking me a thief disturbed me. Had he approached me surely he would have been able to see how my belongings filled the entire left wall of the containment unit. Still I felt guilty. I put Kiera back in the car and drove the long way home. My house is just on the other side of the stake center. It would have taken me less that a minute to get to the safety of my garage, but instead, I took the longer 4 minute drive home to avoid driving passed this man. I felt a little more chagrined when my daughter said to me: "Why are we driving this way to get home? Is it so you don't have to see that man who yelled 'hey'." I said yes and I had to laugh.
I returned to the scene of my crime two more times to unload different baby blankets, clothes, children's chairs and toys. I sure gave a lot more than I took, but still I feel guilty. I may take the pink table and chair back, but I am keeping the statue of Christ.
Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...





13 comments:
I love that Kiera gave a talk! Way to go! I love this month's theme. I got to do sharing time on Sunday and Jaren kept inturrupting me saying,"Mommy, can I get up now??" lol... most of the time it is a blessing to have a primary calling and to be able to witness his first year as a sunbeam!
ps. you are so not a theif! I hate those akward predicaments though when someone is thinking so poorly of you.
I am totally laughing right now!! That same thing happened to me! Except nobody stopped me. You see, I was donating A LOT, like I usually do, and I saw these cool silver reindeer things that would go in my living room perfectly at Christmas! My mom was with me and told me to take it. I went home and showed Cameron, and he accused me of stealing them!! Every time I looked at those this Christmas, I felt guilty. :)
Oh, This just made me laugh! Especially when your daughter asked you that! I believe my sister Lindsey took a rocking chair from a DI truck a long time ago, huh Lindsey?
Oh my gosh! That's hilarious!! I've totally done the same thing!! I was dropping off a ton of stuff and there was this cute rocking chair that I ended up HAVING to have! It's been several years and it's still out on my porch, I love it! You aren't a thief, just trading:)
Ok, I didn't see my sisters post until AFTER i posted! Hilarious!!
Life is full of give and take, we're supposed to give a lot more than we take and that's exactly what you did! No crime there =)
Loved your comment, love you!
Amy, I am ashamed of you... you couldn't steal just mere mortal possessions, instead you stole Jesus Christ himself!!! wrong...just wrong! ha ha ha LOL
WWJD
Love ya, Judith
Way to go Kiera on your talk!! It sounds like you guys are having all kinds of adventures in your lovely little town...I just wish that the story went on to say that the guy came out of the Stake Center and chased you down and you peeled out in the minivan and....Come on Amy, you are a writer, juice it up for readers like me!!! :)
I totally would have done the same thing! That guy was a loser (hope he wasn't your bishop or anything =)
LOL, I love it... I would have done the same thing, I mean if you had left it there and it went to the DI and then you went and bought it, would you have ever even found it again... and everyone needs a staure of Christ. So just let it roll off your back and don't worry about it any longer!
So funny! Keep them both- no worries.
this is completely funny to me... some times people need to think before they react shheeesh.
I think you deserve the pink chairs and table... don't take it back and hello by all means keep the statue of Christ! It was more than a fair trade!!!!
God knows what happened, and what he thinks is all that matters so don't feel bad!
Post a Comment