Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kiera's first primary talk


My new little sunbeam gave her first talk today. I was a little late getting to primary because I was still returning things to the library. She stepped up to the microphone and began reciting her own improvised talk. I work in the primary as a teacher so I am surprised that no one wondered where I was sooner. A friend came looking for me and said, "Um, Amy aren't you going to help Kiera give her talk?" I quickly ran to her aid
This month's theme is:
"I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father."
Psalms 82:6
I was so proud of her. She was so confident and excited to speak. When I was her age the very thought of speaking in the microphone in front of speakers could bring me to tears. Not Kiera. She has been waiting for this her whole life (or at least since she realized how a microphone worked.) This is what she said in the cutest voice ever:
"Along time ago my spirit lived in Heaven. Heavenly Father is the Father of my spirit. While I lived in heaven I knew Him and I loved Him.
Heavenly Father sent my spirit to earth so that I could get a body.
He sent me to a mom and dad who love me very much. They are my earthly parents.
It is important to remember that Heavenly Father is still the Father of our spirits.
This makes us very special. Heavenly Father is a King. This makes us a princess or a prince.
Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to come and live with Him again.
We can show Heavenly Father we love Him by trying to choose the right. It is easier to choose the right when we remember that we are God's children.
I am a child of God. He sent me here to earth to get a body and to learn. I hope you can remember that you are a child of God too. This makes you very special.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Way to make your mommy proud Kiera! You did such a great job!
I love you higher than the sun!

6 comments:

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

Wow! She is amazing!! Greta is a new Sunbeam this year too. If she was go give a talk, she would be VERY shy. Go Kiera!!!

Leah said...

Aw you must be so proud Amy! I can't wait til that day comes for me! That must be such a proud moment for you and I think it's amazing she did it all on her own!

Toshia said...

She did a great job!!

P.S. We thought you might be taking care of Bubba. I checked the mother's room and the bathroom first!!

adairfamily said...

So cute! That talk was really good, think I need to come to you to write talks.

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

Kiera you're awesome!!! Gigi and Candi are very proud of you. Way to go!!!

You and Kai are doing an amazing job raising wonderful kids Amy!

HaYn Mama said...

That is so sweet.