Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Liar, Liar







My name is Amy Davis, and I am a liar. A very, very poor liar. Let me explain. Kinderdance is for ages 3-5. Cambria is 4 and Kiera is 2. How can I take Kiera with me to Cambria's dance class again this year and force her to wait on the sidelines while her sister has all the fun. Kiera looks like a three year old and due to her superior intelligence, often acts like a more mature child (okay, not always.) So Kai says, "why don't you just say she is three and sign her up." So I think, yeah, I can do that. Its not really a big deal. But when I went to register my two girls, I had not prepared myself for the DOB questions. I thought I could just say "two for Kinderdance please" and give them my money. So when they asked, Whats Kiera's birthday, I stumbled. You see I often have a hard time remembering Kiera's birthday without going through a long process in my head. Her due date was April 6Th, just like her big sisters. Would she be born on April 2nd, like her big sister? No She was born March 30th, 2005. So instead of saying March 30th, 2004, I said February 30th, 2003. Hi, I'm retarded, nice to meet you. The lady behind the desk said, "umm, sorry my computer is not accepting Feb. 30th." Oh, could it be because there is no Feb. 30th. So then I said, "Oh I mean Feb. 28th." But what I'm thinking is . . . Leap year, yeah that's it, I'm sure she won't see through that one. Idiot, (me). So then she says, "so then she's 4 right? You have twins?" Then I say "No, she's not four, what year did I say? Oh, I meant 2004. Sorry, I am so sleep deprived, I've got a three week old baby at home." (so now I am using my son as part of the lie too!) Anyway, together we make up a DOB for Kiera which is completely false and I am having hot flashes and blushing way up to my hairline.

I truly feel bad about lying. It wasn't even a good lie.

So, as penance, I will go back when a different employee than the woman who helped me is there and sign Kiera up for the mommy and me dance class for 2-3 years olds. When they ask if her b-day is Feb 28th, 2004, I will say, "no, its March 30th 2005. Thats weird that you have that date in there." And then I won't lie about my kids DOB or age again.

I tried to upload video, but it wouldn't work so enjoy the pictures!

12 comments:

The Dean Family said...

amy..that's the funniest story i've heard in a long time..that's so cute though that you wanted them both in dance class..what a good little mommy you are!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! That story gets more painful as it goes on. I am laughing out loud right now. That totally sounds like something I would do. Busted! I was somewhere trying to reserve Dane's b-day party and the lady asked how old he would be and I said 3. She looked really confused and then I hurry and corrected myself and said, "oh I mean 2." Yes, I don't even know how old my kid is. Too funny, Amy!

Shauna said...

That is flippin' awesome! I had a similar experience with little Max and soccer. . .right up to the repenting phase. :) Instead of repenting, I slipped the gal 10 bucks and we went our seperate ways. . . .that kind of counts as repentence. TW

My Many Coloured Days said...

I am dying for you!!! We did the same last year for the boys with soccer too! I suppose Shauna and I will end up in the same place while your repentance should get you to the big C! (I do recall Greg and I colaborating on the "right" birthday for Ethan though!)

HaYn Mama said...

Ok so I was getting hot flashes while reading your story. You are so funny. Let's just blame Kai for giving you the idea in the first place :)

austin and cherisse said...

that is rad. we just barely got makenzie a Disneyland pass, i don't know if it is because we thought that we could not pass her off as a 3 year old or we got a discount. she is about the same size as ethan who is 2 years younger.
the other night we threw on some thick soled sandals and got her onto splash mountain, she is still a little short for the big kid rides.

JoAnna Anderson said...

Amy- you are so funny. You have seriously made me laugh really hard. It will all work out- probably better than you hoped! I bet you guys enjoy the mommy & me class more than anything. And PS- DOBs are always a bad lie! They never work out the way you plan!
And PSS- you are a wonderful mommy for thinking of your dear darling in such a cute way!

Tara said...

So funny, I can't stop laughing.

Nicole said...

wow...that one will go down in the books...I love it!

Sunnie said...

funny funny story. that could be on a movie or something. you have cute kids, though. i think elle would love to dance. maybe we'll have to give it a try.

jayme said...

Very sneaky...sneaky hawaiians

Sherrie said...

Okay, when Pam was 3 1/2 I was enrolling Larissa (6) into gymnastics camp for the summer. I needed someone to be with both my girls and Pam didn't want to spend the summer days without Larissa.

Larissa was already an accomplished gymnast and the camp was perfect for while I was at work. It was held close to my work, at the same studio where Larissa took lessons during the school year. I talked the owner into accepting Pami a year and a half early. Pami had been in gymnastics in preschool and potty trained since she was 16 months old.

The first day was a disaster! Pami pooped her pants while trying to get her leo and tights down by herself. I hadn't supplied a change of clothes (she hadn't had an accident in over a year) and the coach's/owner's wife had to clean it up. I found out when I arrived to pick my girls up for the day. I was so embarassed.

They let her stay but I supplied several changes, just in case. They also never let anyone under 5 sign up without a parent present for the whole time. So maybe it would be better if you put Kiera in the younger dance group, even if you will be watching the whole time.

Love, Sherrie