Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Light Within

I believe in miracles. Both the everyday kind and the extraordinary.


God can part the seas, create an abundance of loaves and fishes, raise people from the dead, teach Noah and Nephi how to build vessels to cross the sea, make the blind to see, cast out devils, heal the lepers and cause the deaf to hear. He can do this and more. Once upon a time I used to think there was a quota to be filled. Having been the recipient of many, many miracles, I thought surely the Lord has done enough for me. Surely I can't ask Him for another miracle. He has given me more than I deserve already. Surely the miracles are done working in my life. How wrong could I be?



Becoming a parent has taught me something about the love that God must have for his children. What good parent would refuse a child who is aching and in need just because they were tired of helping? None.


I am thinking of a beloved aunt who is sick. Cancer for the third time. What devastating news to receive. And for a moment I felt the absence of hope


but then the thought occurred to me:



If God can part the seas, create an abundance of loaves and fishes, raise people from the dead, teach Noah and Nephi how to build and ark and a boat, make the blond to see, cast out devils, heal the lepers and cause the deaf to hear, then there is nothing that he cannot do. I believe in miracles and I don't believe that we have a quota.


And suddenly there was a light within.


Suddenly there was a peace.




Do I realize that God's will may be different form my own? Absolutely. I also know that I will be able to accept God's will no matter the outcome. I'm not asking God to change his will. I'm just letting Him know that I have enough faith to ask for a miracle.


Father, let thy will be done, but let it be known that I have enough faith to move mountains.


I know that all power and glory be thine. I know that you can move mountains and part seas. I know that you can heal the sick and raise the dead.


And I know that you can surely cure cancer for the third time.


Thy will be done Lord, but if I can have a say, then I am asking, please, for another miracle.

3 comments:

Talia said...

Amy, this is so inspirational. Thankyou for posting this, I, for one, needed to hear it xx

Amy said...

Thank you Talia:)
xx right back at ya!

Stephanie said...

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It's got to be so difficult for her and the rest of you. As for the rest of your family, it looks like some very exciting events! And Bubba's 4?! What a big boy! He's such a little stud! I hope we get to see you guys again soon!
Love to all of you.