Sunday, June 14, 2009

Graduation

We spent a few great days in California for my baby brother's high school graduation. He is twelve years my junior. I am so excited for him to start his new life.

Besides attending Ryan's graduation Kai spent two days surfing. Then Kai and I did a session at the Newport Temple, we went to the La Habra's children's museum, went to the park with some friends, and had a few lovely family dinners that included Grandma Jan, Grandma O, Candi and Jonathan and of course, Dundle the dog. I really miss living close to my family, especially my mom and my grandma. My girls cry buckets of tears whenever we leave my mom and dad's house. At least we know that we are making good memories together.

I love this shot of Malachi attempting to make a basket. Kai is thrilled that Bubba is already demonstrating a passion for basketball.


Here is my baby brother . . . Isn't he handsome?!

We were desperate for entertainment during the long ceremony! I love this picture!


Ryan with his two grannies!



Bubba practicing hygiene. Too bad he is using his dad's toothbrush. I am sure that is not very hygienic.
And here is a shot of my little artist. Some of the crayon came off. He is so proud of his abilities.
Though we were sad to leave California, it is always nice to come home and sleep in our own beds. While we were gone we had our professionally carpets cleaned and our master bathroom is almost done. It should be finished on Wednesday. It turned out better than I hoped it would! I can't wait to use it again!

6 comments:

libbie said...

That basketball picture has to be the cutest thing I have seen in a LONG time!

Toshia said...

Abigail loves to brush her teeth!

It looks like you guys had a great time!! We should get together soon now that you are home!

My sister graduated too! You were faster than me to update your blog!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Cute pics Amy! Glad to see you guys had a great time in CA! Kev thinks your brother looks like you, weird, I know. :) He wants to know what Kai's going to do with the rest of his 6 months off. And Kevin also said that there's no surfing pics on here because we all know that Kai can't stand on the board. He's seriously bitter as you can tell. We miss you guys. :)

Kirstie said...

that is the cutest basketball picture!!

My Many Coloured Days said...

I have a similar basketball pic from when Little E was, well, little. Lovely. The toothbrush one is pretty funny too!