Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter ( and son), and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.
-John Gregory Brown
I could never ask for a better father for my children. He provides adventure, stability, oceans of love and best of all he likes to be with them. He wants to show my kids how the world works and he wants them to grab life by the hands like he does and welcome each new day with tenacity and joy.
The girls spent a lot of time coloring pictures to decorate the table.


Favorite ice cream cake from Dairy Queen- Fat free for special events only.



My little sneaker
We bought Kai a new watch and new tie. We by him a watch almost semi annually. He is very hard on them. They are usually a staple gift at Christmas and Father's day. This last watch has by far lasted the longest and it was the cheapest by far. I started out get him fancy expensive watches, but the price drastically reduced due to the frequent need of replacement. The tie we got him was nice. He actually hung it up after church in his closet. Later he went to a meeting and put this tie on:
But, it is also the tie that he wore last week that I found on the floor in the girls' bedroom.
Below is where I found the tie tonight after his meeting. In his defense he said he left it by our bedroom door because Malachi was asleep in there. He didn't want to go in and wake him up. I'll give him that.
Maybe next week we'll see his new tie.

6 comments:

Toshia said...

Yummy DQ cake!!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

That cake is cute, what a good idea to put that kind of scrapbook lettering on cakes! I just got back from California and saw all these cute projects you did for Grandma...you are amazing! I can't believe you have time to do all of that. You have inspired me.

RightHahn said...

The mowing picture says it all!! I love seeing dads who are so involved - they are a blessing to the whole world when you take the time to think about it:) Happy late Father's Day to Josh...

Lindsay

Leah Ferguson said...

Aw! I love your post about Kai! That's so sweet Amy! That cake is the best.. and hey Fat Free!! I like the tie and watch idea.. I wish John would wear a watch. He'd rather glue his cell phone to his hand.

Hayley said...

thanks for the invite! i love it! i can't believe that neither you or Kai has aged at all. You guys look fantastic & your kids are adorable!

austin and cherisse said...

Ethan just saw the super man cake and fell in love!! Kenzie saw pictures of the girls and of course remembered their names and said she wanted to play with them again!