Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday

I am spending the day babysitting when I should be packing for our trip to California this weekend. I shouldn't complain though because at this moment every one of my bedrooms is occupied with a sleeping child or two- it is wonderful. Anyways, My little baby brother is graduating from high school and we are excited to celebrate. Hooray for Ryan. He has been accepted to BYU Provo and is excited for everything but the cold. I know a few Provo Alums read this . . . what should he look forward too??


In other news, I just finished a book that was recommended by a friend's blog. I thought it was good. But now I think it must be really good because here I am three days later still thinking about the characters and the plot line, considering reading it again. It is called "The Hunger Games" by Suzan Collins. If you need an interesting read- pick it up.

I also read every book that Tamera Alexander has written since my last suggestion and I have to say that I am in love with them.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Ryan has so much to look forward to...for sure. Is he living in the dorms? My freshman year was so much fun. Getting to know people in the dorms, going to the football games and all sporting events, devotionals, hiking the Y and mt. timpinogas to see the sunrise, dances, and oh yea and he must find time to study. The hard part is sitting down to actually do homework and study. Unless he's a hermit it's pretty difficult not to have the time of your life. Thanks for the book suggestions. I'm finally getting around to the twilight series. I'm currently reading eclipse and will have to look for the ones you've suggested when i'm done.

Kirstie said...

sunnie and i both LOVED Hunger Games! we still talk about it when we get together!! plus, i can't wait for the sequel to come out! and i am so excited for ryan, he will love it!

Kirstie said...

plus, i just realized, you family attended all the different byu's!!

HaYn Mama said...

All I can say is I hope he has auto ins. man some people in Provo drive like maniacs!
And thanx for the book suggestions I'm always looking for a good book to read.

Sunnie said...

i loved the hunger games! i was a little afraid that it would be too violent, but was pleasantly surprised with the story line and cute love story. i can't wait for the sequel. i had no idea that it ended cliff hanger style. such a good book.

The Five that Jive said...

I've been trying to check out that book at the library for so long, but I'm 33rd on the list. Do you think it's worth buying?? Have fun in California!!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm in the middle of The Book Thief...have you read it? It's pretty good so far. I also read The Goose Girl which was really good too. Congrats to Ryan, and I'm a little jealous that he gets to go BYU this fall! That's weird, right? I just love the fall in Utah, it is so beautiful and there is just something about going to school that I miss!