Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Seen and heard

Special moments from our Utah Trip.

Seen by Cambria: Watching her mom freak out and work up the courage to put a live worm on her fish hook instead of the other bait. Cambria says: "Mom, you just have to learn to control your fear and then you'll be able to do it."

Seen and heard: (background: Cambria prayed to catch some fish after a few hours of no success and caught one within 10 minutes.) Cambria and Grammy were walking to the car after fishing and saw a boy with a pole.
Grammy: have you had any luck?
boy: no.
Cambria: Maybe you should pray about it. (Turns to grammy with a factual smile.)

Heard: (background :Me trying to take a picture of the kids in a meadow)
Me: Look, this way, pretend you are a deer family in the meadow. . . smile . .
Kiera: Mom, deer don't smile.
Me: They don't?
Cambria and Kiera: NO!
Me: Well, can they look happy?
Cambria nd Kiera: NO! They just look at you.

Cambria: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for the beautiful sunset. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen (Turns to Grammy with a smile) That was a short one.

Heard: (Cambria watching Kai and Kiera gut the fish from a distance) Very sadly she says, they're taking his whole body out and Kiera is smiling.

Heard:
Me: See that outhouse? We used to have to go to the bathroom in that yucky thing.
Cambria: Poooooor you!

Seen & Heard: Cambria walking across a fallen log over a mucky stream mumbling to herself, "Control your fear, control your fear, control your fear . . ."

11 comments:

Sunnie said...

so much to comment on. let's see- love the kid quotes. they make me smile. also, good luck with the writing. would love to read it someday. and the cabin!!!! so fun to see pics of the place. no wonder we would sleep on tents on the deck. i bet that place feels so small! fun to see tiff in some pics, too.

Tara said...

Amy,

We moved but are still in Richland. I will watch for him. You don't know what ward he covers do you?

My Many Coloured Days said...

Amy - it is so hard to keep up with these PRIVATE blogs!!! I'm lazy and rely heavily on my google reader. But now I'm all caught up (I left a memory or too below also!) You guys have been busy as usual and you look oh so happy. I'd love to discuss Breaking Dawn with you - everyone's opinions are so different on this one! I can't believe you're going to be an author. I'm a mean editor though, I've practically ruined my relationship with my husband editing his dissertation - so you can ask at your own risk :)

Leah said...

Ok.. I had about 5 mins of non-stop laughing and my favorite was the quote by Cambria how Kiera is smiling about gutting the fish. It reminded me of the video I saw with you and Johnny. Your kids are so cute and funny!

Stephanie said...

Cambria sounds like such a sweet and funny little girl! I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen you guys. She's just full with loads of wit and wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Don't you love kids! They are so innocent and sweet. When were you in Utah? We just got back on Tuesday! Thanks for the heads up I will watch for your brother.

The Dean Family said...

looks like you guys had so much fun in utah! loved the photos! good luck w/ your book writing!! that's so exciting!

Stephanie said...

OK, so I recommended some other authors besides John Grisham to you, but I read another James Patterson book (started to anyway) and it was kinda yucky. It's CSI stuff. I wasn't too crazy about reading it. He has a couple books that I've liked so far, one is Sam's letters to Jennifer, and another is Sundays at Tiffany's. Those are both good books, I thought. Mary Higgins Clark is more murder mystery stuff like Patterson. Anyway, good luck. I welcome your opinion on some new authors also!

Judith Watkins said...

Wow, your write great blog posts. I love reading them! CAmbria and Kiera crack me up they say the sweetest things. The pictures are great!

HaYn Mama said...

Wow I had a lot of catching up to do. You guys seemed to have had a great summer. I super love the pics and the fun kiddie comments. You write so vividly, I feel like I'm experiencing the moment with you.

I have a friend I went to High School with that just published one of her books. It comes out in September.

I totally think you can get published too. You are a great writer!

austin and cherisse said...

wow talk about busy! I think you win, where havent you been is the question. Kenzie still talks about cambria all the time. We are thinking about zions maybe over the break the first of sept. So let us know if you are up for it. Yea kenzie started school and she loves it so thats good! When does cambria start?!