Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Books I have enjoyed reading

This is for my friend Stephanie. In no particular order:

Eragon series by Chris Paolini - Its like Lord of the Rings meets Harry Potter (2 books)

The Children of the Promise by Dean Hughes - Historical Fiction about LDS family who lives through WWII. A lot of it take place on Oahu. (6 or 7 books)

The Kingdom and the Crown by Gerald Lund - Wonderful Books about The last couple of years of Christ's ministry among the people. It is sooooooo good. I highly recommend it. (3 books)

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - This is not an adult book, but it is really cute!! It's a Cinderella story with a twist.

The DaVinci Code - I don't remember who the author is. I really liked this book, but I remember being scared sometimes at night to go to bed. As long as you remember that this is a book written for enjoyment and not scriptural doctrine, you'll be just fine.

The Princess Bride by William Golman - If you have seen the movie, then you only think you know the story. I think parts of it are actually true and parts of it are actually part of the country's heritage.

Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer - Of course I love this one and most everyone knows about it already.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer - Love this book about gentle body snatchers

The Light of Western Stars by Zane Grey - This is a really old western and I have no idea what draws me too it but it is one of my favorites!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I haven't read a lot of these books! I think I'm going to go to the book store and pick up a few and see how they are. Thanks for this post :)

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

I don't know when you have time to read with those 3 little kids! I have to have complete silence in order to read which I just don't get anymore. I really do miss reading. My repertoire includes only children's books and magazines.

Stephanie said...

Thank you very much Amy! I'll be sure and work on that list. As of lately, I've been reading Grisham's "The Rainmaker". It will be nice to start something new again.