Monday, August 18, 2008

Do bears eat bananas?

Do bears eat bananas?
What do ducks eat? (kiera)

Mom, we should write a story about Dad and Bubba tomorrow. It should be called The Wise man and His Father. (Cambria)

These are just a few of the comments I hear as I put my girls to bed. I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.

In other news:
We had quite an unusual day on Saturday. I had never heard of the new movie Flyboys,but apparently they filmed part of the movie right here in little old Mesquite. Although the filming took place 6 years ago, the movie was just barely released. The stars from the movie came to our local airport to sign autographs and take pictures. They had motorcycles, cars and airplanes on display from the movie. They were even giving free airplane rides. Unfortunately we didn't arrive early enough to get on the list for the plane rides, but I have to admit that I am not too upset about it. The thought of my little girls going up on a tiny little airplane doesn't exactly thrill me.

I have no idea who these actors are, neither did my kids, but the dog didn't need to be famous to be the star of our day. My kids LOVE animals. (no, we don't have any)
We seldom have cash with us, so we were unable to buy a poster to get the actors to sign. Kiera decided that it would be okay if they signed her arm. I think they got a kick out of it.
The airplane from the movie.
Inside the airplane.
I know I look awful, but we don't take a family picture very often.
Later that night we had about 30 minutes worth of down pouring rain. Rain is rare in these parts and pouring down hard rain is even more of a rarity. Kai was mowing the lawn when the first drops began to fall. Thinking that the storm would end with a few scattered rain drops he pressed on with the lawn only to end up drenched from head to toe. The end of our street flooded and Kai decided it would be a fun idea to take the girls out to play in the huge puddle. I know Kate Gosselin (sp?) would never have stood for it, but it didn't bother me.


Lastly, Kai took this picture (he doesn't know how to use our new camera yet) of my cousin's brother-in-law who is serving his mission in our area. If you squint and close one eye you might be able to get the picture in focus.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Amy, I don't think you look awful in the family photo. Looks like your girls had fun and they always have the cutest comments!

Leah said...

hahaha I love the crack on Kai and the picture taking. And that's a long time for a movie to come out.. we at least to me. Fun though you guys got to do something like that!

Sunnie said...

ahhhhh levi! i miss him! he is like a real brother to me, not just a brother in law. and jake will be proud because we sent him that shirt! i'm so happy to see him on your blog. you made my day:)

JoAnna Anderson said...

That is a great family shot of you guys in front of the plane! I've heard of flyboys but can't remember what I heard about it! That flood looks pretty tempting for a swim! Hope you guys are doing well! Looks like you are all happy & having lots of fun.