In other news:
Although Mesquite was founded by Mormons, the must have never heard the following song:
The foolish man built his house upon the sand,
The foolish man built this house upon the sand,
The foolish man built his house upon the sand,
and the rains came a tumblin' down,
the rains came down and the floods came up,
the rains came down and the floods came up,
the rains came down and the floods came up,
and the house on the sand washed away.
I mean, doesn't the song repeat itself enough to give an accurate picture to someone of what will happen if you build your house upon the sand? I know it doesn't rain very often, but when it rains, it pours.
Mesquite was built on the sand, in the sand, and around the sand. Sand, sand, sand. If you ask me, there is no point in having sand unless you have an ocean nearby. The pictures were taken at our neighborhood park down the street from our house. This is what used to be the bike path. Some people in our ward live just on the other side of this ditch and they almost lost their backyard. The land slide stopped about 2 feet before their backyard fence. Luck for them.
The girls and I were at the Eureka movie theater watching the beginning of Kung Fu Panda when the storm knocked the power out. They had us evacuate and it was a good thing we left when we did because the streets were flooding big time. They had closed the freeways because there was just too much water to make it off the off ramp. Police were directing traffic and shutting down lanes. We could only drive through the very middle of the street because that is where the water was the most shallow. I had to drive through some very deep sections and I was pretty nervous. But we made it just fine and the kids thought it was a great adventure. I just hope that I am never on the roads again when we have a storm like that.
We are going to try to see the movie again tomorrow.





13 comments:
Yuck, I hate when it floods. It's been raining here and it's kinda of weird because I've finally got use to it never raining.. well at least for a long time. Cambria is a little social butterfly huh? Well at least in the end you didn't have to worry about people "judging" you since Cambria wanted all day anyways. lol
That is crazy with the rain!! Sorry we didnt end up coming down this weekend like we had planned. Averi had a preschool thing that we forgot about till Friday. We will let you know when we come down again.
Jeremy
so crazy about that road that just fell apart! glad you guys were safe. and i'm glad cambria loves school. hopefully you can be happy, too.
I'm with you on the all day thing. Here in the south, there are no other options. It has been an adjustment for us.
I posted a recipe for you on my blog - actually left it in the comments of the "Ladies Night Post" where you posted. Or you can visit here:
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/dessert-recipes/pumpkin-whoopie-pies/article.html
It's not a healthy one, but it IS a yummy one!
I can't believe we were gone and missed all this rain!
omg! talk about a storm!! that story below is so funny! i had a similar experience at the dr.'s office..i was talking to a lady...kind of same conversation..after i was done talking w/ her..the other lady in the waiting room said, "wasn't i in jail with you? didn't you give birth to your baby in jail?"..i was dying inside..i felt so bad for the other lady..i'm sure she was so humiliated! all she kept saying was, "ya"...
Isn't funny how we plan our kids lives and then realize that they have their own opinions? Oh well at least you gave her the option and you can rest easy knowing that she loves it and is happy!! That is so crazy about the storm, I wish we had storms like that here, how exciting (once you are safely in your house that is)
At least you know that Cambria is well adjusted. Kanalu has a really strict teacher that keeps reminding the kids. . ."you are no longer in kindergarten, you are first graders and that means you have a lot of work to do." What a way to make learning not fun!!!
I'm so glad you guys are safe. When that storm came up our way it knocked the electricity off in our area but we were at my in-laws so we just read about it online.
Oh man! That sounds just like a little too much excitement! I'm sure the girls were lovin' it! Glad you made it home safely and that you didn't lose your yard over the deal! Have fun at the movie next time!
Wow! That is crazy. I would have been so freaked out about that landslide.
I can believe how much Cambria loves Kindergarten! I think it must be universal, because Edyn is absolutley in LOVE with it too. She would kill to go all day. They don't have it here though.
Wow, I've had a lot of blog catching up to do! I guess for kindergarten you might as have her love rather than hate it right? Sometimes kids teach us a thing or two. Although I think all day kindergarten is wrong too =)
Since Mesquite was founded by Mormons... Are you saying they're not the wisest bunnch? What Up Stranger? Its a good thing we have these blogs... I am now all caught up an all the Davis Details.
I am not saying mormons aren't the wisest! I love mormons! I am just saying that they forgot about that song!!! :)
Post a Comment