Oh, man, I am exhausted! If tomorrow wasn't my brother's P-day, (who is now in
Richland by the way my friends who live in that area - Elder
Hendrickson- he's tall!) then I would be in bed asleep. Or maybe I would re-read Breaking Dawn. Before I move on to my vacation log, let me spend a moment with Bella and Edward. All I have to say is . . . whoa. I will not give away any spoilers, but this book surely took on an unexpected direction. I have to admit that before I read the book,I had wondered about certain things that she decided to include in her story but didn't imagine that she would go where she went. Whoa. That's all for now. Once everyone reads it, I'll air my thoughts more clearly.
I was glad to have a long road trip to Utah so that I could read my book and not feel lazy for sitting around and doing nothing. My family went on a trip to "our" cabin outside of
Kamas, Utah in the Wasatch mountains. I use quotes around the word"our" because it is a family friends cabin but I have been going there since before I can remember, so I have laid a verbal claim on it.
It was great. We went hiking and fishing and sight seeing. Its really fun to watch the beauty of the place through the eyes of my children. They were amazed and captivated by everything. My Mom, Dad, youngest brother, Aunt Libbie and Uncle John were all in attendance. For my cousins who read this: I can't believe we all used to ft inside that place! It is so small.
So, the main difference between going to the cabin as an adult is that 1.) I am married and get to sleep with a boy. 2.) I have three little kids who I take with me and sleep in my bed, so I don't really get to sleep with a boy and 3.) They turned one of the bedrooms into a bathroom so that we no longer have to run outside to the outhouse to relieve ourselves. I don't miss that one bit!
A lot of pictures:


This is the outhouse. I am sure you can understand why I don't miss using it. P.U.


Malachi's face is so sad in this one, it could break your heart.

I am proud to say that I was the only fisher woman to catch of fish after three hours of trying. However I feel like I can't brag about it one bit because I caught it after my daughter said a prayer that we could please catch a fish.
Kiera's morning diva routine.


Malachi loved the cabin as much as any of us.


This is a hike we usually take to get to the beaver lodges. We were pleasantly surprised to find that a moose family had planned to visit the beaver lodge as well. We didn't stay long because we didn't want to seem like a threat, but we did see a momma, daddy and baby moose!

Taking a picture by this gate is a requirement for the trip. I think we have pictures that date back to the 60's, maybe even farther back.

This is the bed that I did not get to sleep with a boy in. Our cabin is an A-frame. We often would hit our heads in the morning.

My cousin Tiffany and her friend Nikki came to visit one day and my girls fell in love with them. I think they followed them everywhere. Here they are by the salt lick. For those of you who don't know, the deer and the moose will come and lick this at dawn and dusk for some reason. They must have cray salt cravings. I bet they'd like potato chips.

Uncle Ryan having a little fun with
Cambira.

My mom after
Cambria did her bangs.

The famous
Kamas ice cram store. Two episodes of Touched By An Angel were actually filmed here. One movie was also but I can't remember the name of it. I don't think I had ever heard of it.

This whole scene is hilarious. Ever since I was little I got a kick out of this nudist ranch. If you'll look closely, the blue sign next to the logo says "closed due to mosquitoes." I guess nudists don't wear insect repellent.

One of the coolest things we did on the trip was go to this huge Dinosaur museum. It claims to be the biggest in the whole world. I can't remember the name but it is located at Thanksgiving Point.

This one is for you Leah.

Cambria noticed that her name was displayed in several areas and couldn't believe that she was part of the museum. "How did I get in there? It must be a different
Cambria, because I can't get in there."

Kiera was terrified of this large shark. She wouldn't let me go near it and kept saying, "Mom, be careful." We finally got her to walk passed the room, but she closed her eyes while
Grammie led her by one hand and I lead her by the other.


This is baby Alex. It was fun to see Leah while we were there. I am just sad that it was so short a time!

The Erosion table was great. I wish I had one at home. It was a big sand box with running water that came through. It had lots of dinosaurs and trees so you could create your own world. Anyone who knows
Kiera knows that she is all about creating her own world.

This was Dino Island. They later migrated to a smaller island once this one began to erode.

The very last room in the museum is paleontologist heaven. Big sand boxes filled with
dino bones to uncover! I wish we had this kind of stuff in Mesquite!

5 comments:
I'm so glad I get to see you! Even though it was only for a little bit it was nice to get to chat. Hopefully Johnny and I can make it down to Mesquite and come visit! You aren't that far away! The girls look like they had so much fun at the cabin! And hopefully we can all go together when Alex and Malachi get bigger!
We just got back from Utah and were in Heber, which is close to Kamas. So I like to think that somewhere along the line we crossed paths... my DNA stalker =)
Oh my goodness! We live in Lehi and we could have met! I had no idea your family was coming. On my blog aways back we went to Mirror Lake which I believe is up on the way to Kamas.
We had a cabin that we always went to in Lake Tahoe ever since I was a child and it always brings back a lot of memories, but you are right, it's so different when you have children that want to sleep in the same bed as you!
Fun pictures! That trip looked like a blast! It's nice that you didn't have to use an outhouse! Thanks for sharing all those pics. Glad you were able to catch some fish, too...I stink at fishing. :)
Oh my goodness!! You were seriously 5 minutes away from us!! Ok...so I'll give you some credit..you were visiting with family and you probably didn't know that we lived so close to thanksgiving point...but my goodness!! Next year...you'll have to stop by if you can! I just did a post on the dinosaur museum too:) Glad you had a great vacation...I know what you mean about the book too. Crazy!
Lindsey J
Post a Comment