I think that is kind of what my brother Ryan said to Cambria about starting school. He was all doom and gloom, but she didn't let him rain on her parade!
Cambria had been waiting for this day to arrive. She woke up at 7:00 AM, dressed herself and told me she was ready to go. Kiera was right on her heels telling me to pop in an Eggo so they could eat it in the car. I had to spring the bad news that school didn't start for two hours.
When we arrived at Cambria's classroom Kiera immediately took a seat and began working on the project that was left in the middle of the table for the kids to do. Cambria went straight for the Dino table. I had to show her where to put her lunch and where to hang her back pack. I got her situated at her desk and she began playing dominoes with her little friend next to her. She was so excited to be in her classroom that I could hardly get her to look up for a picture. So I hugged and kissed her and told her that I was so excited for her to start her new adventure. Collecting Kiera was a little more difficult. She did not want to leave. It took a little convincing, but we left the school and began the next chapter in our life. And no I didn't cry. I did that last night. For a brief moment only.

I think it is still a little hot for boots, but her mind was made up. She is so proud of her princess lunch box.

Kiera didn't want me to forget about her. She needed me to take a picture of her too.

We interrupt this program to bring you a picture of Bubba brushing his hair. Or should I say brushing his scalp, praying for hair.

Cambria and Kiera pose with the principal of the school, their Maama.

Kiera making herself at home in the Kindergarten classroom with the peg board. Kiera is bigger than most of the kids and could easily pass for a kindergartner.

Cambria happy as clam with her dominoes. The little girl to her left is a little neighbor friend. I am so happy that she has a few kids she is familiar with. Although she makes friends quite easily, I don't think I need to worry even if she didn't know anyone at all.

My mom says she is sending balloons and flowers later this afternoon, so I'll take a picture of those later. I can't wait to hear all about the first day of school.
5 comments:
it's been a fun/interesting day. it's wierd to think that it's the first day of something so big and so new. i'm glad it went well. i got to pick up elle in about 10 minutes so we'll see how her day went, too!
What an exciting time for Cambria! My youngest, Amy wanted to go to school with her older sisters and had the hardest time because she wasn't starting school yet!
I was the same way as you were. . . I cried a bit the night before Nalu started Kindergarten and the next day was ok.
How exciting for Cambria. . . she is so adorable. I love her boots.
O.k. so this post brought tears to my eyes!! Every first day of school makes me cry, I am such a wuss!!! Congratulations Cambria (and Amy)
Both the kids looks like they had so much fun! I'm glad Kiera got to come and enjoy it too! Aw, Malachi is SO cute with the little hair brush!!
Post a Comment