Warning: You are about to see loads of photos and a lot of journaling from a very fun week that started in Nevada and ended in California. :)
Easter time is usually synonymous with birthday time for us. So along with dying eggs and the more spiritual side of Easter , we also plan party, after party, after party. The Saturday before Easter Kai's mom and Dad planned a big Easter/birthday extravaganza. We colored eggs had an Easter egg hunt, had birthday cake and opened presents. The kids had a great time. We also had a birthday party while we were in Cali and we will be having our last one tomorrow. Crazy, I know. It drives Kai nuts. Oh, below are some pictures that Cambria and Kiera made.


This is Cambria with sparkle glue that they put on their eggs. They turned out so pretty.

This picture is out of order. It is some of the cousins after the Easter Egg hunt. I was so focused on trying to see if the babies were smiling I didn't even notice that Trey had snuck in the picture.He was feeling grumpy that he didn't get enough eggs and didn't want to be in the picture at first. I feel bad that I cut off his head.

They hid an egg up on the fence. Kai was kind enough to lend Cambria his back.

Bubba and Uncle Ian.

This is out of order too. Its the egg dying of course.

We actually did the se eggs at our house for FHE with some of our close friends.

Next stop Disneyland. This was a great adventure. We went for three days and tried to get there as soon as the park opened everyday. We only stayed until 1 or 2 because that was when the crowds got to be too much. We went with Miexia and Netty Ah Loy on one of the days and saw Matt and Kat Fritter on another. We also found out that Erin Burch Campbell was there on another day that we were, but we didn't see them. (My camera started to malfunction towards the end of our stay. It started taking foggy pictures. I guess I'll have to get a new one.) Isn't that the happiest face?!

Notice these cute backpacks the have on. They are actually leashes. I got them at Target. The funny thing is, I dated this guy once who was strongly opposed to putting leashes (like this) On kids because it classified them with animals. I didn't have an opinion on them at the time, but as I looked at these in the store his objection kept running through my mind and I wondered if I was somehow treating my children less than human. In the end though I was much more concerned about losing my little tots. Besides, Cambria thought it was a dream come true to be on a leash as she often pretends to be a dog (complete with a homemade leash- usually a jump rope around here waist.)
The hats that my girls are wearing demonstrate yet another difference between my girls. Cambria wanted the pretty princess ears and Kiera wanted the Goofy hat.

Bubba was such a trooper. He really did so well. He was in the stroller a lot and he hardly complained. Too bad he won't remember this fun trip.

Maybe this is why Kiera wanted the goofy hat- curse my dang foggy camera.

It was much more fun to wait in the long lines with the Ah Loy family. My kids just love their kids and call them their "Hawaii friends." Here we are in line for the jungle cruise. It actually scared these kids to death. It was really funny! You know how the tour guide tries to be all funny and tells really dumb jokes (which Miexia laughed very loudly at) Well at one point the guide told everyone to hit the deck because the natives were mad and shooting. Cambria, Kiera and Natalia Ah Loy hit the floor of the boat so fast and their eyes were filled with terror. Here I thought it would be a nice little friendly ride that the baby could go on with us!

This is a picture of them before they dropped to the floor in terror.

This is a picture of Cambria driving a car at Autopia! It was so funny because she was a horrible driver and we were being thrown in every direction. Great memories!

My girls have never seen Star wars, but the desperately wanted to be chosen to train as a padowan in the live show. Cambria was picked and poor little Kiera was not. I think the leader was going to choose her because he kept looking at her (there weren't that many kids) but every time he looked Kiera would turn to me and say, "I want to go up there" and I think the leader mistook that for disinterest. I think he thought I was just trying to be a pushy parent trying to get her kid up there. But when the show started there were tears. Kiera was devastated. I told he we could keep coming back until she got chosen, but she changed her mind as soon as the Sith (sp?) Lord came out. He was pretty scary. It was such a cool production. There were storm troopers and Darth Vader came out of a stage that rose from the ground. It was awesome. Cambria got to fight Darth Vader and she was so cute! Maybe I'll try to put the video clip on later.



Not surprisingly we spent a lot of time in the princess end of the park. The girls were in heaven. The got to take a picture with Snow White. Cambria was so scared, but Snow White was so nice and took a lot of time to talk to them. She was really sweet. When we left Snow White, Cambria was a smiles as she said, "I didn't have to be scared after all!" I wish I could write Snow White a thank you letter.



Uncle Caca got to come with us on one of the days. It was great for the girls to be with him before he leaves on his mission. We also got to be at his farewell which was on Easter Sunday, and I was able to go with him when he went through the temple for the first time. It was very cool.

We also got to spend some quality time with Gigi. I was always very close with my Grandma growing up, My mom and my brother Sean and I actually lived with her and my Grandpa for awhile. So I am very happy that my girls get to continue on in what I consider to be a very special relationship. This is the second time we have gotten to play with clay at her house. The girls thin kit is a lot of fun.

Cambria made a snake and Kiera made an octopus:)


I know what you are thinking, I should make my family rich using my artistic skills to support us. Gigi made the bunny. Cambria made the blue foot with the yellow toes for my pink girls in the back. I also take credit for the blue man. Don't be jealous of my skills, its a gift.:)

Lastly, while we were at the neighbor hood park visiting with the Fritters, this crazy truck comes zooming down the railroad track then crashes through the fence park. It got high centered and the driver couldn't get it to budge. Kai called the police to come help and when the fuzz showed up the driver and passenger took off running. The cops found evidence of pot and crystal meth in the truck. Is nothing sacred anymore! I am just glad the kids weren't near the fence playing!
Well, if you have read all this I commend you! Thank you for sharing in our journey! We had a great vacation!

PS: A big Happy Birthday to my 5 year old Cambria! She is the sweetest girls. She is my first born and I have always felt like she is my little buddy. She is so creative and tender, smart and funny. She helps me so much and I am going to miss her terribly when she goes to school next year.
Happy Birthday Nani!
7 comments:
I'm all for the leash. . . we don't have any and I wish we did because the kids just go everywhere in the store and I'd rather have them on a leash than be yelling for them at the store or have to make a scene with a code Adam.
Most people take better (or equal) care of their animals than their children anyway!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip. . . and what a blessing that you got to go to the temple with your brother for his first time!
That was a great recap of your Easter, Disneyland trip, visiting with Grandma, the meth truck at the park, and Cambria's birthday! It all sounded very exciting and I'm sure your children will have only fond memories of Easter egg hunts and vacations with friends and family! Thanks for sharing it all!
hooray for disneyland, princesses, vacation time, friends and family, and last of all- the fuzz to bust those crazy off roading pot head truck drivers! The police have since contacted Matt to ask him questions about the hit and run investigation.
ps. we put Jaren's puppy back pack on him every time we go to Disneyland or any other large public place! He doesn't seem to mind, and it keeps him from running off or being snatched! sometimes we get dirty looks, but mostly people understand. especially other parents!
Thanks for the email about Disneyland. We are actually getting ready to go to Sea World on May 23rd thru the 30th. We would love to see you if possible. We are going to do Disneyland next year when the kids are older. Take care!
my girls would love disneyland. i wish we could take them there. i'm so glad you guys got to go. january is b-day time around here. i'm glad that truck didn't hit you guys. that is scary. always fun to see gma on the blog!
looks like you guys had the funnest easter! and how great that you got to go to disneyland..i would think that your girls are at the perfect age for it..the picture of the truck & the story that went with it cracked me up..i was laughing out loud!
Post a Comment