Cambria’s First Talk April 20, 2008
Having a Prophet to lead our church is very important. The scriptures tell us in Amos 3:7
“ Surely the Lord God will do nothing,
but he revealeth his secret unto his servants
the prophets.”
Some of you have you heard the song Follow the Prophet. Part of it says, “Follow the prophet, he knows the way.”
The prophet knows the way because Heavenly Father speaks to him. Heavenly Father tells the prophet what we need to do to be happy. He tells the prophet what we need to do to be safe. He tells the prophet what we need to do to return to live with Him again someday in heaven.
It is really important to do the things that the prophet commands because the prophet is speaking for Heavenly Father.
There is a poem in The Friend called, “I Will Follow the Prophet.” It says:
“When my dad says, “lets go and play,” we run down to the park.
When my mom says, “It’s time for bed,” I lie down in the dark.
When the music says, “you need to dance,” I move my hands and feet.
When my tummy says, “I need a snack,” I get something to eat.
When the prophet says, “we all must pray,” I humbly bow my head.
His voice is one that speaks for God, so I’ll do as he’s said.”
President Monson is our new prophet. I know Heavenly Father chose him to be His new servant. I know that it is important to follow what he says. Our prophet will always help us choose the right.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen





1 comment:
Good job Cambria on a nice talk. Wish we could have been there. I love the pics of Cambria and Malachi. And are you guys pretty serious about moving so SoCal? Keep us posted! Hope you are all happy and well.
Post a Comment