Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Big Day

My brother Chris entered the MTC today. He is going to Kennewick, WA. He has been really nervous. He was supposed to be set apart on Sunday but then decided he absolutely had to go surfing in the morning or he would go crazy. So they pulled a few strings to change his appointment to be set apart for Monday night. It actually worked out better because a few family members and friends were able to be there that otherwise wouldn't have been. Chris took the long road to going on his mission and shared a touching conversion process in his farewell speech. He had stopped believing in the church and lives a wild and crazy life style, thinking he was very happy. Until one day he realized that he wasn't really happy and he didn't have any direction in his life. He said he began praying again and his relationship with his Savior grew. He met some good friends, had an RM roommate and started dating an LDS girl. These influences had an affect on his heart and Chris began to change. Through prayer, fasting, repentance and study Chris gained a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and knew he had to serve a mission, not because he particularly wanted to, but because he knew God wanted him too. I love my brother, Chris. I will miss him tremendously, But I am so proud of him and I know that this decision he has made will bless and change the rest of his entire life.

For my other big story of the day, Bubba got his first tooth! He is just barely 7 months old. It seems early but I think Cambria had her first at 6 months old. I had been wondering why he was having a hard time sleeping. I suspected a tooth, but wasn't exactly sure. Me and the girl's were so excited. Especially Kiera she jumped up and down cheering for him. What a good big sister. Isn't it so cute how he is folding his hands.

6 comments:

austin and cherisse said...

Wow looks like you guys had a good time. I wish we could have made it out there but we will see you guys in a couple weeks. Um yea houses are ridiculously cheap right it makes me sick. If you ever want to move to california and buy a house in a good area now is the time to buy. My sister just got a house in temecula (way better than here) and it is a thousand sqare feet bigger with a bigger yard in a great school system and she paid the same amount we did for our house four years ago....yea makes me sick. So yea if you guys really did want to move back I would really think about buying now. Alright see you soon
Keep us posted on your cute niece I hope that she will be okay!

libbie said...

Congrats to your bro . . .especially since he is coming to my hometown. Its a great place. Maybe I will run into him in some random church building! Your Bubba is so cute!

HaYn Mama said...

That is so exciting for your family to have a missionary out in the field. I can't wait to read about the blessings your family will receive because your brother chose to serve a mission.

Does it make you think about when Bubba will be going on the mission? He is a doll. . . I just wanna squeeze him.

Amy said...

Yes, it does make me thin kabot when he will go on a mission. It makes me hug him tighter. :)

Sunnie said...

i'm so happy chris decided to serve. i know his life will be way better because of it. i love the story he shared. what a strong person. and i love the post about your little niece below. i can't even imagine going though something like that.

Tara said...

We'll keep an eye out for your brother. Oh, and I love the "squiby" story. So cute.