Friday, October 24, 2008

My birthday and a Plea fo help:)

Visit with the missionaries: the one on the right is My cousin's brother-in-law. Funny that he would serve in our area!
Below: Cambria was laying on the floor and Malachi decided that he needed to sit on top of her and then lay on top of her. Cambria thought it was so funny.
Cambria planted these marigolds from little tiny seeds!


This is how I spent my birthday! Thank you for your birthday wishes! I am still not thrilled about being thirty but you all made me feel better!
I saw learned this from my cousin Sunnie- it's a cute little tutu made out of tulle! It is part of Kiera's Halloween costume!


We also spent the morning making ghosts out of trash sacks and old grocery bags. It's a great art project that involves recycling materials!

Spooky ghost blowing in the wind!
These were some of my birthday treats: From my sweet visiting teacher I got (these are all things that her daughter-in-law makes) Some scented lotion: sweet pea and pink sugar, a candle melting pot and scented bricks: pumpkin spice, pomegranate and mulled cider! It was so sweet of her and totally unexpected! Check out all of these cool products at fromtheheartboutique.com


Two of my girlfriends brought me another wonderful gift: CHOCOLATE! Brownies from Becky and Ben and Jerry's Phish Food- my favorite! Thank you to my sweet friends!

My mom sent me a very cute fall floral arrangement and way cute balloons. I also got a birthday card from my missionary brother and phone calls from around the globe (and lots of sweet comment son my blog. Thank you for making my day of crisis much more pleasant!

Now, on to my next subject
I am aware that some people don't want to read the Twilight series because they don't want to "jump on the band wagon" This is what my sister-in-law thought (so did I at first) and she just finished reading it and really enjoyed it. If you haven't read it for whatever reason. It is time to put Twilight to the test start. It is well written and if nothing else, it's entertaining. I am also sure it will be way better than the movie. Some things just can't be translated onto the silver screen

This next section is where I am hoping to get your input and lots of it. I know some of you have read Twilight and know that I love the series- well for the last month now I have been trying to figure out how to design t-shirts and get them printed. I have been working with my Lasting Impressions partner and we have compiled a collection of saying and graphics. We have been researching prices and techniques and collecting all kinds of info - now if I could just figure out how to put the pictures on my blog. This is a rough preview:


As you can see I still have a little work to do on this "TEAM JACOB: my favorite color is black" Tee. Get it? Jacob Black? There really is an "l" in the word black but my spacing got mixed up most likely due to the fact that Bubba was on my lap no doubt trying to be a good helper.
The T-shirts will be figure flattering and form fitting, much like SHADE shirts or shirts by Down East Outfitters. They will be nice and feminine.

I am really excited about making these. How fun would it be to have a girl's night out and where these t-shirts to the movie premiere?
So there are just a few of the other saying I have- I post them when I have them put together with the graphics! They will look much more appealing once you see them with the graphics - i promise! (Kinda cheesey- but fun!)

Team Edward Lines:
1. Bella and Edward: Forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest
2. Team Edward est 1901
3. Vampire Girl
4. Team Edward: Sleep is overrated
Team Jacob Lines:
1. Picture of a paw print with Alpha written on it
2.Yeah, Whatever, I miss you too. Love, Jacob
3. Wolf Girl
4. You can be my personal sun
Non- specific:
1. My favorite time of day is TWILIGHT
2. My next vacation destination, FORKS
3. Take me to La Push or lose me forever!
I have a lot more sayings that I will add when I can show you with all of the graphics.
So here comes the questions for you!:
1. Should I do T-shirt colors other than black and white? If so, what colors?
2. Would you be willing to help me advertise on your blog/my space/face book/etc?
3. What is your favorite phrase so far?
Thank you for all your help - I know I will really appreciate the feed back!

15 comments:

Toshia said...

Amy!! I am glad you had a good birthday!!
Here are my responses to your questions!!

How fun would it be to have a girl's night out and where these t-shirts to the movie premiere?
I AM IN!!! That would awesome!


1. Should I do T-shirt colors other than black and white? If so, what colors?
I like black and white.

2. Would you be willing to help me advertise on your blog/my space/face book/etc?
Yes! blog and facebook

3. What is your favorite phrase so far?
My favorite time of day is TWILIGHT

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oh my goodness - I totally forgot your birthday for like the first time ever! I guess you're still 29 in my books!

Also, apparently when you're 30 you are allowed to put the word "tit" in your blog... hmmmmm

Love the t-shirts. Lots of girls are making their own with fabric pain here and would love some cute official ones... I would definitely put RED into the colour scheme. By the way, Miss J is being Rosalie for Halloween this year - teeth an all! Thought you would like a sneak peak!

PS - Happy Birthday. Truly.

My Many Coloured Days said...

ooops... I'm getting old too... I meant fabric painT.

Fritters said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! Cute tutu! Hope you had a most wonderful day!

HaYn Mama said...

Happy Belated Birthday. My bro-in-law shares a b-day with ya. 30 really is a big step but think of it as one year closer to being a Goddess. . . even tho' your hubby already thinks of you as one!!! ;)

I'm so excited for your next project. . . you are such a go getter. I'll totally help you advertise on my blogs, myspace and facebook. I know tons of people who love the Twilight series. My girls in my sunday school class are totally in love with the series.

I love the Jacob T that has the paw with Alpha on it.

Black and white are great starter colors. . . I'd even use red and maybe the wolf colors like gray and brown. Maybe the color of Bella's prom dress with a quote from that moment. Maybe even a his and her shirt set for teens going to MORP or something like that.

I super love the pic of Malachi and Cambria. . .that is so adorable how babies just think it's great to lie all over their siblings.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Yes. I'll be your editor! But first and foremost your friend. I'm actually pretty excited to read what you've got up in your mind!!!! Send me copies when you are ready.

The Five that Jive said...

Oh my goodness! Those sayings were so cute!! You are totally creative. I think black and white would be cool too...very vampire like. I would definately help you with advertising on my blog:)I like the Team Jacob: My favorite color is black!
Thanks for the info on tonsil surgery...I can't believe that you went through all of that...and that your girls had strep that often. It makes me grateful that Haley only gets it once or twice a year:) Have a wonderful week!
Lindsey

The Five that Jive said...

Oh and Happy Birthday-belated!!
Lindsey

Katie said...

Happy belated birthday Amy! I love the shirts, you are so creative! I haven't gotten into the Twilight series yet and am just learning about it.. but as an outsider to the series the shirts are still adorable and make total sense! Great job!

Katie said...

Happy belated birthday Amy! I love the shirts, you are so creative! I haven't gotten into the Twilight series yet and am just learning about it.. but as an outsider to the series the shirts are still adorable and make total sense! Great job!

Stephanie said...

Man, I missed a lot. First of all...Happy belated birthday! 30 wasn't a big deal for me, but I can understand a little of how you feel about getting older, I've got friends who freaked out about it. I'm turning 32 on Thursday, so I'm really old, ya know. :) No worries though, you look like you are a 22 year old with an 18 year old for a husband. ha ha (that was a little joke at the post you made long ago about some local people thinking Kai was a teenager when he was helping them move in!)
Congrats to Mr. Davis for getting awarded Teacher of the Year! That is a HUGE accomplishment and I feel so proud to know him! Who wouldn't want a teacher that has been awarded that?!
And about the t-shirts...I think you should do other colors besides black and white. I personally like the color pink and I'd like to have a pink one. Red would also be cool since it's got something to do with vampires, and maybe even brown because of the werewolves. Just some ideas. Have fun with it! :)

JoAnna Anderson said...

LOVE THE TEAM TSHIRT IDEA!!! Can I just fly there & go to the movie with you!? There is not too much of a group near me here that would want to go--and I live in Washington! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

adairfamily said...

Amy, I have never read the series not even sure what they are about sounds interesting. I am not sure how you were going to print the tees, but you can set up a store on something like- cafepress.com and people can order them and they can be made as they get ordered. Something to look into.

The Casida Family- Todd, Jen, Nathan, Trevor and Madison said...

Happy Happy Birthday, belated of course. Welcome to the fabulous world of 30's.I heard you were coming to SoCal for your birthday- What happened?
I am so in on the t-shirt thing! I love the black & white, but you might want a deep red and maybe some gray or brown- just a thought. I will definitely advertise for you! Favorite phrase has to be , "My favorite time of day is Twilight", but I love the Jacob Black one too. Good luck on this venture and keep me updated!

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

If you want some help with the T-shirts, Cameron designs and prints shirts and hats and stuff for work. I'm sure he could help you out. He's out of town until friday, but shoot me an email if you are interested :) By the way, happy birthday!!! I hope 30 wasn't too rough, it's creeping up on me too, and I am getting the grey hairs to prove it! Don't you hate that missionaries seem younger and younger every day??