Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Little tid bits of info

Before I get into my own personal crisis may I please announce that my husband was awarded Teacher of the Year! Isn't that cool?!! He is in the newspaper and he got a plaque and a little money for him and a lot of money for his school. He thinks this is good publicity so that someday he can be the Mayor.:) I am very proud of him. Good job, Honey! I guess when you are doing something you love, it shows.

Now on to my personal crisis. Tonight is my very last night in my 20's. I am incredibly depressed. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. Some of you, who are thirty or older are thinking, "Yeah, thirty was a hard one." Those of you who are still in your twenties tonight (like me) are thinking, "Holy crap, I didn't know you were that old. You're old." Let me assure you my twenty-something friends, someday you will be thirty too. And you will wonder how you got there and you will blog about it and I will read it and I will think to myself, "Yeah, thirty was a hard one."

So, I have been tagged and I find it appropriate to answer questions about myself, since it is very close to my special day.

6 random facts about me: I think I have done something similar to this recently, so bear with me.

1. Along with my fear of chickens, I have a fear of large geese. As a child we would take outing to La mirada regional park to feed the ducks. They would often chase me. This had not changed in my adult life. I often take my kids thinking it will be fun and I usually end up running in terror. Those suckers are big. They even chased me when I was pregnant with Kiera. Have you ever seen a hugely pregnant woman dash frantically across the sprawling lawns of a park?

2. I am currently addicted to If Walls could talk an the HG network. I love physical evidence of the past. I should have been an archaeologist.

3. If I could live right next door to my mom, I probably would.

4. I am currently writing two books: one children's book and one adult novel.

5. I have no feeling in my right elbow.

6. I have never lived in one city for more than 7 years. Right now my longest residence is tied between La Habra, CA and Laie, HI

I don't know who I tag yet. I'll think of that later:) I've got to go to bed while I am still 29.

11 comments:

Leah said...

Ok so first off HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Woo hoo!

And you are SO not old, I mean come on John is a year older than you and I would never even know if I wasn't his wife. Plus you look amazing for having 3 kids! I feel worn down and ragged after 1 lol!

Don't let it bother you! Just enjoy your birthday, or do what I'm gonna do and my aunt does celebrate your birthday and tell everyone you're like 5 years younger lol!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry but I have to say that you are SO YOUNG! I am going to be 38 in January, pushing 40, now that's old!

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

Happy Birthday Amy!
YOU ARE SO NOT OLD, 76-105 and older IS OLD!!
I love you.

Sunnie said...

so i tried to post a comment before, but no luck! i am so sorry i didn't know it was your bday when i talked to you today. what a lame cousin i am! and 30 isn't old. not even close. happy bday!!!

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

Happy birthday! I DO live next door to my parents, and it is pretty great. I also have a fear of geese. They are mean creatures. :)

Danielle said...

Well, for what it's worth... "Happy Birthday!" I always remember your cute saying of "This is the oldest I've ever been". I guess you can now say 30 is the oldest you've ever been! Mine is coming up next year and I already have a bucket list going. I hope you have a great day!

Danielle said...

Oh, and congrats to Kai!!! That is a VERY big deal!

Tiffanyk10 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!! I hope you had a great day! I have 1 year and 3 weeks left in my twenties, I think I need to live it up while i'm still young, what do you think ;)

JoAnna Anderson said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your 30's! Live it up girl. Congrats to Kai as well. That is a great accomplishment. And by the way--- I would really love it if you guys could move here for so many reasons- A) I need some good friends, B) You could live here for more than 7 yrs & be happy! C) We could have lots of fun D) My boys would know some cute girls :) Well, I hope you have a great day. Remember...30 is the new 20! Right?! :}

adairfamily said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You are still young and beautiful! Just think of all the things you have already at only 30. Three Beautiful kids, a home, a great family, loving husband. You started a business, are writing books, you have done a lot in a few short years. Congrats on having a birthday! Tell Kai congrats on his accomplishment that is great. I hope you enjoyed your day. love ya Shan

Judith Watkins said...

ha ha ha I'm older than you so get over it. like I tell my boys...suck it up! you are one the most beautiful 30 year olds I know. Happy Birthday. and sorry if the though love was to harsh.
love ya,
Judith