Thursday, October 9, 2008

If you want to run 26 miles in the rain, please raise your hand

I have always been fascinated by marathon runners. The desire to slap feet to the pavement for hours on end pushing your body to extreme limits seems like a strange desire to me. I witnessed a marathon once. It was in Maui and several of my friends were running in it. A group of my roommates and I sat in the bleachers near the finish line and watched as people wilted across the finish line. The expression on their faces was a mixture of exhaustion, pain, and accomplishment. I am not afraid to admit that I got teary eyed. A certain lady was even proposed to on the finish line. Her would be suitor got on one knee and held open a small black box with a shiny diamond ring inside. He blocked the girl from crossing the finish line and she almost collapsed on him. I am sure she said yes once she recovered from her fatigue and shock.
We had some good friends from BYUH visit us this weekend, the Schmidt's, and Brad ran in the marathon. What's more- it rained. It never rains here, but that didn't stop the runners. I actually sat in the car with the two babies while everyone else went to try and catch a glimpse of the runners. It was so fun to visit with our friends. These are a few of the pictures from the weekend.
Ava, Cambria and Kiera riding in the rhino!

Kirra and Bubba - they were so cute. They always seemed to end up next to each other. They didn't really play together, but they were always near one another.
The girls after the marathon
Instant best friends. Ava rode in our car and entertained us by singing, Called to serve, several times.
At Applebee's - everyone had bad hair because of the rain! Except Bubba, his hair is always the same.

This should be a new post but oh, well. We had our first launch party to celebrate the opening of our vinyl comapany Lasting Impressions. I know most of you know about it or have been on my Say It Sweetly blog, but these little aprons are new to the line. My kids use them all the time when they help me cook or when the do art projects. I just love them so I started making them. I have a few different styles. Check out the sayitsweetly.blogspot.com for more info.

This is one of two display tables
This is two of tow:) Thankyou to everyone who came out and supported our grand opening!

6 comments:

Leah said...

Ok ok... wow I love when you post it's always something fun and I'm SOOO excited that your business is up and going! I want to buy some stuff ASAP! I to lazy to do it myself and you do such a good job!

Love the rain & marathon pictures, I love when girls become best friends.. it's probably the cutest thing to happen at that age with friends!

Kimberly said...

Those aprons are so dang cute! I am so into aprons right now and those look pretty easy to make!

I love all of your vinyl projects. I am really interested in getting a vinyl machine. Do you have any suggestions? My friend who used to own a vinyl business suggested a Robo Craft machine.

Sunnie said...

cute stuff you have made! love those aprons. also love bubba's hair. it is really cute:) i think it would be so great to run super far one day, but i think a half marathon may be my limit. that seems long enough for me.

Stephanie said...

Great pics and updates on all the fun stuff you guys have been into! Congrats on the big launch of your biz...it sounds like it's going great! You make really beautiful things!

Danielle said...

Ooooh, I remember those Maui Marathons!! Did we really know how good we had it back then?

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

A couple of my friends ran in that St. George marathon. She said it was the coldest she'd ever been in her life! but she still did awesome.

I'm so amazed and proud of your business skills! I hope to have my own business running again someday but it is seriously so much work! Props.