Friday, October 10, 2008

Fabulous Fall

My heart used to yearn for the days of summer. The thought of sun and surf would would bring me cheer all year long. Well, move over summer - your are too dang hot, without the surf near by you are meaningless to me. My new love is the Fall, cooler weather and the beginning of the holiday season.

My mom got these three Halloween characters for my birthday last year. Most mornings I wake up to find them in a different pose. Today they were in a huddle. Thank you, Cambria.
This is the yummy project that kept us busy this afternoon. Cambria had a cookie dough fund raiser and we bought the one that looks like playdoh.
And FINALLY . . . I got Bubba's one year old pictures. He was so smiley! It was great we did five different poses in less than ten minutes. I was so worried that he would cry and not sit still for the photographer, but my worries went unvalidated. Hooray!
Our photographer fell in love with him and this is what she wrote on the receipt:
Things I've heard:
Cambria:
You know how sometimes were naked and we get our clothes on to cover our nakedness? That's kind of like this band-aid, it covers my ouchies nakedness.
Me: Do you think we will live in Mesquite forever?
Kiera: Yes!
Cambria: Yes!
Me: You do?
Cambria: Yes, for years and I hate it!
Me: Why? Because you wished we lived closer to Grammy's?
Cambria: No because it's a small town!
( I guess I have said that once or twice:()
Background: We get strep and ear infections a lot and we take Keflex and Omnicef a lot. These need to be taken with acidophilus (found in yogurt) because they are so strong. My kids are sick of yogurt, so I got a new brand and called it acidophilus.
Kiera: More acidophilus please!
Kiera: I miss Uncle Caca (he's on his mission) he's been gone for 5 years.


3 comments:

Toshia said...

Those are cute pictures one year old pictures!! Where did you take him??

Leah Ferguson said...

All that fall stuff is so much fun! I can't wait to do that with all of my future children! And I love how you catch all the cute moments of what the girls say I love reading it!!

Malachi pictures look SO adorable!! He does look so happy!

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

Amy,
The pics of baby malachi Are so cute!

Kiera is in our prayers! and

Oh yes, I will throw A party when class ends!!!! :) Dec 20th. Love u tons.