She is a miracle.
Here she is 10 days later, still breathing (with help), still living and still letting her mommy and Daddy love her. I haven't ever lost a child, but I did lose my father and I am so thankful to have the knowledge that families can be together forever and that our relations with each other don't end in death. I am thankful to know of a Heavenly Father who loves us. I am thankful to know that heaven isn't just a fancy place that people talk about in stories but an actual place. I am thankful to know that we can return to heaven to live with our loved ones who have gone before us. Knowing this doesn't completely lessen the grief that comes with the passing of a loved one, but rather it gives hope that the separation is only temporary. I can't imagine coping with grief without this knowledge.
We had a baby shower for Malu on Saturday. Since she wasn't expected to be with us, her parents didn't really have any supplies, plus it gave us a chance to celebrate Malu and the blessing that she is to all of us.
In other news, this is a picture of Bubba and cousin Devin. Devin is a month younger, but he is just as big. Bubba kept trying to take Devin's toys, but Dev was a good sport. ( I removed the picture of the below story for safety reasons)
No, this is not a little Laie boy running around the North Shore, this is my daughter Cambria! It was really hot on Saturday and the pool was irresistable. We didn't come prepared however so Cambria borrowed some boy shorts. We giggled as we put them on in the bathroom and as we walked out of the door Cambria said, "oh, I hope I don't look ridiculous!"





4 comments:
That's amazing about your niece. I have a friend who recently lost her baby with a similar condition. It truly is a miracle. You'll have to keep us posted. Cambria does look ridiculous and you posted my thoughts exactly!!! I can't believe you are SWIMMING (no I still don't like to... but my hubby and kids sure do!)
Thanks for posting about your niece. She is beautiful! I didn't know Ke'ala was a father! It's been a long time since we've seen him, please tell him congrats for us. And that is soooo funny about Cambria, she does look like a little Laie kid there, she's so dark! I can't wait for it to get hot enough so we can swim!
What a heart warming family experience for you all. Malu looks so tender and lovable.
Those shorts on Cambria look as long as her torso. Eh whatever it takes to get to go swimming!
Amy,
we have a liittle friend two doors down with Trisomy 18. He is a record breaking 7 years old! The sweetest boy, his name is Nephi. My kids are learning tender lessons that accompany the friendship we have with him and his family. You may also find interest in a YouTube video I recently viewed. Let me know what you think... I cried, but it was also very uplifting. These children definately come to earth and teach us valuable lessons in their short existance. Check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0
Post a Comment