Friday, January 14, 2011

No Gift Under the Tree

There are so many moments that I am forgetting to write about that I really want to remember! Like our Davis Christmas party. We all draw names as most families do and since Kai has nine brothers with multiple children, things get a little chaotic. As presents were being passed out, Cambria kept coming to me worried that she hadn't gotten one yet. I told her not to worry there were still more under the tree. Soon enough the tree was empty and Cambria had still not received a gift. She was heartbroken. She hugged my belly tight enough to obscure her face and she cried and cried. (side note: next year I am bringing back up gifts to ensure this never happens again.)

The person who had her name was horrified that they had forgotten and ended up giving Cambria $100 in cold hard cash that very same night. Cambria thought it was great but didn't really understand how much money it was. I certainly didn't spend that much on her gifts for Christmas.

I took her to Walmart (because that is all we have) when we got home from the family party. Cambria bought a dog that walks and decided to save the rest of her cash.
You know what she wanted to save it for . . . Kai and I had told them that we were going to have to quit dance classes in December. That after Christmas Cambria and Kiera wouldn't be able to take them anymore in an effort to save money. Well, little miss Cambria decided that she wanted to pay for her dance classes to continue with her left over money. Not only that but she wanted to pay for her sisters class to continue as well. So she did. I just think she has the sweetest heart. So, the night that Cambria didn't find a gift under the tree ended up being a night that gave her a gift that would last well into the New Year.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

isn't that the sweetest thing EVER! It looks like your time at temple square was one that you all won't ever forget. I also don't want a dog for the same reason, especially here in the cold. walking the dog outside every day in the freezing...I'm already shivering just thinking about it. (it's -11 right now ahhh)

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

That's so sweet, what a great sister. That's going to be a great story to tell through the years of a sister's love. :)

Matt-Amanda-Justus-Keagon said...

That little girl has the sweetest personality and the biggest heart! I still remember when I lived with you guys and she was sitting at the kitchen table trying to color and was so frustrated with herself that she couldn't do whatever she was trying to do, and her frustration was all over in her face, she looked so sad and just sat real still. Broke my heart!

Anonymous said...

Cambria is soo sweet! I miss her big smile!!!