Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

Not here, in Mesquite, but on our trip to Lehi . . . Brrrr, it was so cold outside. We thought this would be better than our annual trip to Cedar City for sledding because we would get to do it everyday. Boy was I wrong. It was way to cold for sledding everyday. The wind would chill us to the bone. It took longer to put snow gear on than we would spend in the snow. Luckily, we had a small wind break created by the side yard of the houses.

Cambria had one goal . . . to make a snow fort. She wanted one wall to be as tall as her shoulder. Lucky for her, I was ready to tackle that goal.


This is in between Libbie and John's house and their next door neighbor's house. It was a perfect little hillside for little kid sledding, and it blocked the wind just enough.
Cambria post wipe out.



My mom the snow monster. She is wearing my parka that was issued by my high school swim team. She says I can't have it back now.
Malachi had to hide his face because snow flakes were falling in his eyes.



Kiera's cheeks were so rosy, I didn't think they would ever go back to normal!


She braved the cold for a long time. Well, at least 15 minutes longer than the other kids.




I think this is a great way to travel.


I forgot to add this picture of my little sleeping beauty taken at the dinosaur museum. I jut love this little baby.
Malachi made a new bosom buddy on this trip. Will belongs to my cousin Aaron and his wife Heidi. They are almost the same age and had such a wonderful time together. At one pint I saw Malachi at the bottom of the stair case with his arms stretched out trying to convince Will to jump to him. "I will catch you!" Will: "I don't want to!" Malachi: "But, I will catch you!"
I also heard Malachi pointing to snow outside of the window after the first snowfall. Speaking to Will, "Look at the chair, snow id on the chair did you even notice that?! giggle, giggle" It was so fun to watch them follow each other around the house speaking a somewhat different language than English.
This week Malachi has been begging me to call Will so that her could come have a play date. He just won't take now for an answer . . . So . . . Heidi . . . Aaron . . . feel like taking a trip to Mesquite for a play date?!

We just love having Sarah as a part of our family.

1 comment:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Oh, I know! They love each other. They were both just non-aggressive enough for each other. I would love to visit you, but alas I don't think it will be happening any time soon. How bout you come here?! :)