Saturday, January 8, 2011

Can you Kindle my Love?

I saw an article that said paper novels would be a thing of the past. That soon they would become obsolete and babies born in 2011 wouldn't even know what a paper book is. I think the Kindle is fabulous. What a great way to take a few books on vacation without having to pack them, but I confess, I love books. Real books. The kind that have spines and pages to turn. I love the feel and smell of them and I would be really sad if they became obsolete. Isn't there room for both in the world?

2 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

I feel the same way. Those e-readers are great for people who travel. I thought, for a quick minute, that I wanted one of the readers. Then I realized that I wouldn't want to read a book on a screen. I like turning the pages, I love the new book smell and the feeling of accomplishment when you finish reading the book. You don't get any of that with the readers.

Hopefully as long as there are book lovers around, there will still be books, actual books.

Sarah said...

I think that the e-books are cool, BUT I don't know if I will ever read a book that way. To me that is part of reading. Holding a book in your hands. Turning the pages! To me that is what is so great about books!