Before we went to the museum, a light snow had started to fall and we were excited. Bubba was so amazed. He insisted on touching the snow with his feet. He came to the conclusion that his mother was indeed correct, snow is cold.
I think I lost Raia's headband in Utah:(
My children all fall in love with Aunt Libbie. Every time Bubba says a prayer it starts out: "Please bless Aunt Wibbie." But now he has also added "and Uncle John." He also has added a new phrase to his vocabulary thanks to Uncle John, "Oh, my heavens!"



The erosion table is always a big hit. We spend most of our time here. It was even more amazing because this time Uncle Chris and Ryan got into the action.
Cambria wanted me to take a picture of these dinos before they got into a fight.
Kiera is no longer afraid of this big Shark located near the exit of the museum. This time when she walked passed it she kept her eyes open the whole time! ( At first I wrote that she was still afraid of the shark and she was very upset that I had not noticed her growth in this issue)
When we left the museum the snow was blowing sideways straight into our eyes. It was quite a storm. We could hardly see in front of us. Our cars were buried and we understood why Rudolf would come in handy for Santa.
Bubba told us a story once about Uncle Ryan getting eaten by a shark.
Our car even got stuck. We tried to exit the museum parking lot up a hill. We began to slide backwards into Chris and Sarah's car behind us. I was more than a little nervous. Okay, I was freaking out on the inside, but trying to pretend like nothing was wrong so my kids wouldn't freak out too. When Kai got out of the car to check on things my kids asked what was wrong, I told them we were having a little snow trouble and that it wouldn't hurt to say a little prayer.
Little did I know, Chirs and Sarah were having the same problem with there car. Ryan was with them, too. I thought they weren't moving because we were in front of them and Sarah thought we weren't moving because we somehow knew they were stuck.
Sarah was not containing her emotions at all. She said, she said: "Why aren't Kai and Amy moving are they stuck? Do they know that we are stuck? What are we going to do?! Ahhhhhhh! (loud scream) and Chris said, "Stop Screaming" and Sarah said, "I have to scream, it is more fun that way! Ahhh!"
So I don't really know what happened after that. I think we both carefully took turns sliding down backwards, all I know is that Libbie's house was only 5 minutes away and it seemed like we were never going to get home. Snow is cold.





1 comment:
It looks like you had such a great trip!! I love the picture of Bubba with the snow!
Post a Comment