I am never prepared for the cold. I spent 17 years in California, 7 in Hawaii, 1 in California again and the last 6 and a half in Southern Nevada. I always think, "How cold could it be?" (It meaning the snow) and I am always surprised at how bitingly cold it can be. Sure it gets cold in Mesquite in the Winter, occasionally it snows, but it never stays and the cold doesn't soak into your bones. Well, the cold did more than soak into our bones. It got in our shoes and our eyes and bit our cheeks and our noses and chins. It made our car slide backwards down a hill after we left a museum with our children tucked under our arms and our heads facing down away from a blizzard that caused the snow to blow sideways and straight into our eyes. To say the least, it was one snowy week. This is just the first two days in this post.
We were happy to meet up with the Petersen Family on our very first night in Utah. It was so great to see Chris and Sarah again. I am so happy for them to be in Hawaii, but we miss them dearly. The are doing well and they have a
blog that is worth checking out. My two brothers stayed at their house while the rest of us stayed at Aunt Libbie and Uncle John's.
Sarah and Chris got Ryan this Special Olympics Jersey (pictured below) for Christmas. Ryan was thrilled.

This is the first time I have really seen my hair from the back . . . hmmm . . .I'm not sure what to think . . .


Bubba shoot everyone with his "spider web." I think he really thinks he is spiderman.

I was so sick in this picture. I had just gotten a shot for step throat. I never get sick and I can say I am truly thankful for that.
I told you Raia is good at sucking on her toes. You can count on it happening at every diaper change.

I am a mean mom I guess. I so don't want a dog, or any other animal. I have to clean up after four kids already, I just can't handle any more! So I am very thankful that miss Daisy May will let my children shower her with affection when we are in town.

The Petersen's had plenty of snow, but My Aunt and Uncle somehow did not. This was the first walk we bundled up for. My cousin's boy Will is in the brown hat. He and Bubba had a great time together.

There is so much more to tell, but I am so tired, I must say good night.
2 comments:
I am a mean mom too. I have enough to do without another living thing needing attention, food or cleaning up! :)
I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! It sounds like a cold but very fun time!
I showed these pictures to Will and he said he missed Bubba and that Bubba was his best friend. Aww...I teared up a little bit!
Post a Comment