Sunday, May 2, 2010

So much FUN!

I love having a creative outlet. It is something that refreshes my soul. When I was a kid, I was all about sports- I don't think I ever made anything until I got into scrapbooking while I was in college. But one thing I know for sure is that we all gotta have a hobby that renews us.

There are a few of us moms around town who get together and have 3 or 4 boutiques a year. We rotate houses and we have no booth fee. Mesquite hardly has any shopping so boutiques are the place to find cute and different items and accessories. Otherwise you can go to Walmart or maybe Bealls. I do have to say, that as I passed through Walmart the other day, I saw that they had mass produced several of the items that my boutique mom's make. For example, Capri Sun purses and bags. I think ours are cuter though:)

(*** Now that I finished my post I realize that I didn't get a picture of Heidi's cute designer onesies . . . I will make sure that they are seen in my next post! Sorry Heidi!!)


Even my kids catch the boutique bug. This time Kiera decided that she wanted to sell chocolate chip cookies. They were 25 cents each. She was a little miffed however, when Bubba tried to take over her sellers chair.

I made the headbands in the picture above and below. Now I just have to find models that smile:)
Below you will see an array of what was offered by the 9 vendors we had this month. It is really fun and if you are crafty, you should try doing this in your own area.


Hair clip holder:

Digital scrapbooking- Heritage makers
Ribbon and flower hair clips and headbands


sparkles
jewelry, toys scrapbooking, hair accessories


The best homemade jam you will ever taste

Homemade dresses and Capri Sun purses.

Watch bands and bracelets

Hats and accessories

gourmet cup cake and more hair flowers.

Home decor and super cheap flower arrangements

purses galore, wallets and sunglasses


Jam made from the pomegranate tree in my back yard . . . i didn't make it but I sure loved to eat it. Plus I think it is so cool that it was made from my tree!

My Aunt Lisa made this flower! I was going to sell it but I decided that I liked it too much!
My headbands



























































Kids aprons





We had a blast even though the incredible winds made life difficult. By the afternoon we had to move all the vendors into my not so beautiful garage. This weekend I will be participating in my first "city organized" boutique at the Virgin River Casino. I hope I at least make enough money to cover the vendor's fee. You are always welcome to join our boutique experience either as a customer or a vendor!









5 comments:

Toshia said...

I wish I had a quarter of the creativity that you ladies have!! I am amazed by your skills and talent!! When/where is the Virgin River one?

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow, no wonder you end up buying stuff at the boutiques, there is so much cute stuff! I wouldn't be able to resist. Thanks for selling my stuff too.

Tiffany said...

seriously way to go!!! i have always wanted to do something similar but have never made it happen! kudos!

Amy said...

Toshia- Virgin River Casino 10-4:30
Lori knows where- I guess I better find that out:)

Tiffany- you can do this! We started out with 4 vendors- you can do it!

Heidi- very hard to resist- in fact I think I might buy some more jam and some jewlery for mother's day.:) Not for myself of course:)

Sunnie said...

i want to come shopping there! so many cute things! what a good idea!