Sunday, March 8, 2009

February's Say What?

I am changing my "Seen and Heard" Title to "Say What?"

Here it goes:

Mom: Kiera, you need to eat carrots because they are good for your eyes.
Kiera: Mom, don't we have eye drops?

Kiera: Mom, could you please go outside?
Mom: Why?
Kiera: Can you just go?
Mom: Why so you can eat another cookie with out me seeing you do it?
Kiera: yes

Kai: (trying out the new hula hoop) Watch this! I'm the new hula hoop champion!
Cambria: (whispering to her friend) He's not, he can't really do it.

Kiera: When I grow up to be a teenager I want to live at Maama's (Kai's mom) house because she has a chocolate fountain.

Cambria: Mom, today we learned about the little tiny devil with wings who shoots people with his arrows to make them fall in love.
Mom: Little devil? Do you mean cupid the little angel?
Cambria: Oh right, I thought he was a little devil because he shoot people with arrows.

Kiera: My brain wasn't working. It told me to say poop, but I really meant potty.

Kiera: (recently pricked by a cactus- a few days later she notice cactus in a garden on our walk to school) Why did Heavenly Father make cactus? (Scorned)

Kiera: Cassidy, do you know that more than one cactus is called cacti?

Mom: Cambria, what do you want for dinner?
Cambria: Vegukeeny
Mom: . . .uhhh . . . oh, chicken broccoli fettuccine!

Background: At my aunt and uncle's church to see my cousin Matthew be ordained an elder. There was a girl with a seeing eye dog in the foyer.)
Cambria: Mom, can we go pet the dog?
Mom: no I don't think so, I think t is a working dog and I think we aren't supposed to pet them.
Cambria: what does it do for work?
Mom: It is a seeing eye dog. It leads people around who cant' see.
(5-10 minutes later)
Kiera: Mom, Uncle Sean was talking to that girl that has the dog who helps people who are invisible.

Kiera: (watching our ward v-day sock hop while eating cake) Ah, look at them dancing, they are so beautiful it makes me want to cry . . .

Mom: we have to slow down when we go over speed bumps so Bubba doesn't get bumped around (in the stroller)
Kiera: Whoa, that's deep, huh, mom.

Cassidy: (our little neighbor friend) I can't go to the rec center with you because my mom says we got no money.
Cambria: That's okay Cassidy, we can pay for you. We've got lots of money.

Kiera: (pouting) Everyone in this family has chocolate hair but me!

Cambria: Mom! Your getting skinny here . . . and (moving her hand around my body looking for a skinny part) . . . here. Maybe you need to jump rope more.


Happy Sunday!

16 comments:

adairfamily said...

AMy, those are funny, I love it when you post your kids conversations. Tell Kiera that she has white chocolate hair, much sweeter! I hope you are writing these down for them.

The Framptons said...

I am still laughing at the dog that helps see invisible people!! I was laughing so hard I was crying. That is hilarious. It's so good to record these little conversations because no matter how hard we try we would forget them.

Leah said...

LOL I love reading all the funny thing the girls say! I wish I was there to hear it! I can't wait to hear things like that come out of Alex's mouth! Hey I need to talk to you about Candi's wedding would you call me or email me so we can get in touch. Love you guys!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Who knew that Kiera would be so moved by dancing? They are funny girls.

Danielle said...

Oh, the cookie one! I kind of hate that Dane can tell what I'm eating because he always wants some too. I won't lie and say that I've never snuck bites past him =)

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

I love it when "say what" time comes around. Funny, funny stuff! Love ya Amy.

Sunnie said...

love it as always. and i'm glad i'm related to someone with lots of money:)

JoAnna Anderson said...

I love you say whats! Sending kids away to eat a cookie...I know that trick all to well!

HaYn Mama said...

My gosh these are so hilarious. How do you remember these... do you write em down soon after it happens... I can never remember the goofy things my boys say.

I don't remember if I ever thanked you for the cute clippies... I love them and so does my Keiko...even tho' she can't seem to keep 'em in her hair... she loves putting them in her hair. Thank you tons for them!

Unknown said...

hahah...Those are all so funny! I love it! They are such cute kids! =)

Stephanie said...

These are my favorite posts, Amy. Your girls say such cute things. I wish we lived closer and got to see you guys more. All our kids are growing so quickly. They will love these things that you write about them. You are a great mom!!

The Dean Family said...

amy...that would be the funnest if you guys came over our way!!! yes, we will be around in august.. you are more than welcome to stay at our house if you make it to maui:)

Judith Watkins said...

Amy, miss you lots! glad you are doing a better job at keeping a blog than I am. I really need to do it more often.
let me know when you are in town next time.
Judith

Nicole said...

I love that you can remember all those! How do you do it? I must admit that I also love having a girl, but I am not as good as being a girl, I can not remeber the last time I painted her toes or nails! I need to do that soon. Thanks for the reminder!

Amy said...

Thank you for all your comments - - if you ever check back . . . I write the funny comments down on the calendar (because it is akways out and available) that sits on my counter. Then at the end of the month I transfer them over.

Becca & Joel said...

Oh, Amy! It's just been WAY too long since I've been to anyone's blog for a visit! I am reminded how much I miss your writing, and especially posts like this that make me laugh outloud and bring sunshine to my rainy day! I just love this post, and always love reading about your cute kids!