Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

So, I know that we are all super busy people with a million and one things going on in our lives, but that is the reason I have not been blogging. I have been super busy and I can get so much more done if I just don't turn my computer on!:)

In an attempt to save some cash, Kai is thinking about canceling our subscription to the Internet so I figure I better do as much as I can before this unfortunate event occurs.
The thought of life without the Internet is a little disheartening which is funny because I went without it until college. But now I live in a small town and I do a lot of Internet shopping. The Internet makes me feel connected to the world. What will I do when I can't read about my family and friends lives?????

This weekend we are having a mini rodeo to celebrate our girls' birthdays. I wish we could have invited everyone. Here is just a little hint of the birthday events: goat ropin' and mini horse riding . . . my girls should have been born into a ranchers family . . . I hope we still have our Internet after the party so I can post pictures.:)

Besides the following pictures these are the things that have been taking up my time:
in no particular order:
1.) Yard work - gotta do it before it's too hot!
2.) Throwing surprise b-day party for a good friend
3.) Making a really cute book for my cousin, Candi, from Heritage Makers!
4) Taking pictures of a really cute newborn and spending HOURS editing!
5.)Arguing with the Jehovah's Witnesses and then searching the bible for hours to make sure I was right . . . I was.
6.)Meeting our old friends, Dan and Angela Delong, who were here visiting from Texas - so good to see them. They both look great and there kids are so cute. Also visiting with our good fiends the Dyer's who also look great and have cute kids:)
7.) Lots of exercise . . . I am proud to say I have lost weight:)
8.) Reworking some plot lines in my book . . . it's a lot of work!

These are a few other things going on . . .

Bubba pushing his buddy Abigail . . . he only ran her into the wall a few times:(
Abigail giving Bubba a turn . . . he was heavy!
A few pictures from a fun photo shoot I did . . .
more at prettyasapicturebyamy.blogspot.com








Cambria going on her first field trip to a farm . . .


In an assembly on school spirit/crazy hair day ( I should have unleashed the fro, but last time I did that she cut it because it was in her eyes while she was coloring) . . . an author cam to their school and gave them autographed books.
I'll try to post a little more often until we lose the net:(

10 comments:

adairfamily said...

Amy you can't go away, i enjoy ready about all your adventures. What about your business, how will you sell? This will be rough for all of us!

Kimberly said...

Oh no, I am so sad! I will really miss getting to see your cute family on your blog and the fun adventures that you go through! I hope that there is some way that you can still get the internet. Good luck!

libbie said...

you are busy! I hear you about the internet. i waste so much time on the blasted thing. I have been thinking that life wouldn't be so bad without it. it might come to turning it off someday for us too. so much money every month. BTW, I have 9 sisters and 5 brothers. HUGE family. That explains MOST of my craziness!

Kirstie said...

how sad! i love seeing your cute little family!! i love those pictures, you are so good at photography!!

Toshia said...

NOOOOO!!!! ;)


Thanks for posting the pictures of Abigail & Bubba. So cute!!

Danielle said...

I refuse to let you cancel your internet!!! I need my fix of Davis Details. Isn't in funny how we didn't have it up until college though? I didn't even know what email was until BYUH and then I thought, "Well, why do I need it? Who is going to email me?" I though it was so pointless. When we went to Hawaii last year, we were dying. The whole library and Aloha Center were connected with wireless internet and everyone had their laptops out. I remember standing in line FOREVER trying to get a computer late at night before a paper was due. I'm glad were there before the internet/cell phone era. It's amazing what 10 years can do!

Judith Watkins said...

NOOOOOOOOO! you can't go offline! How will we communicate? It's not like we'll have time to chat on the phone. I guess we'll have to go back to using cute stationary and snail mail.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Seriously I would DIE without the internet, which is pathetic, I know. But how else will we communicate? What's this thing called a phone? How old school.

I laughed at #5, way to be up on your scriptural knowledge. And congrats on #8, I haven't touched mine. I need motivation and a serious heart to heart about it because after reading that other book I was so discouraged and kind of put it on the shelf, so to speak. So write me sometime and tell me about it. Or if you ditch the internet, write me a letter like the old days.

Please don't e-die.

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

Have you ever thought of getting a wireless card to see if you can pick up any signals from the neighbors? My brother does that and gets free internet :)

Becca & Joel said...

Ok - so I want to know how you are editing those fun b/w pix with just a few pops of color?!?! Super cute!