Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To paint or not to paint

I think I will take a long break from my political posting! I just wanted to thank all of you who sent me emails with info about other religions and people standing up for the LDS community in this time of modern day persecution. You never know when this issue might arise in your state.

What I really need is advice. I have had part of my living room painted for quite some time now and for the life of me I cannot figure out what to do with this triangle above my planters shelf. Because it is a big open space Idon't know if I should paint it green as well as the rest of the walls (the archway you see below will soon be green.) This is the problem: Part of the triangle spreads into my kitchen (with no wall to divide it) as well. I think it would look funny if I had part of the kitchen green and nothing else. So what do I do? Paint the triangle green? If I do then do I have to paint the kitchen too? Or does it look okay with a big blank white space. Do I need to repaint my living room a more neutral color? I wish I had an interior designer at my disposal.

Any Ideas? It doesn't help that my kitchen and living room are completely different colors.

10 comments:

JoAnna Anderson said...

I would leave the triangle white. You have a solid clean line & that looks okay. I think it will look better though when the arch way is painted. Good luck. I love the color you chose though!

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

I think the triangle should be white for sure... if you paint it, it will look funny. The color you have in your living room is almost identical to the one in our bedroom... I love it!! I'm addicted to painting and redecorating. I am going to do my hallway and family room as soon as I get the guts to do it (Cam won't paint for me, I have to do it myself!) ... good luck!!

Tara said...

I think you should leave the triangle white and paint the arch like you planned. It looks great.

Katie said...

I agree with everyone else! The white is a clean color. If you can't stand the thought of a white wall then paint it a neutral color and carry that over into the kitchen. I think once you finish the arch you will feel a lot better about it. The white looks great!

HaYn Mama said...

Leave it white. I'm excited to see the arch way green. After you do that you'll be satisfied and not think twice about the triangle section. Think of the triangle as part of the ceiling that may also help.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Depending on what color your kitchen is, I would either paint the triangle a lighter shade of the green, or find a complementary color that goes with both living room and kitchen.

AND/OR: It looks like there's a ledge there, so I would find something cute to put up there, whether it be plants (probably fake) or a cute tray or nice looking books or whatever. Something that looks nice but doesn't draw too much attention and doesn't have a real subject (like a family picture). You don't want it to take away from the pictures on the wall.

Those are just my ideas though...

Leah said...

I like it white, but I would do something very neutral that would go with your kitchen and the other rooms. You can always put paint shades on your blog if you decided to paint =)

Amy said...

Thank you for all of your wonderful ideas!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Oh also I just made my blog private so could you send me an email so I can invite you? It's hhferguson@gmail.com.

Fritters said...

I like it white. And I love your green color! One of my favs!!paint the cieling! =)