Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's hard to think of something trivial to write about when other things weigh heavy on the mind.

Here are a few things that I have been meaning to post, but haven't.

My son and his first tantrum. I thought this wouldn't happen until he was older. Usually he gets upset when I don't let him go outside.

My son, discovering rain. Here in Mesquite we call it rain even when the mist is so light you can barely feel it. This little rain storm did happen to create a few puddles which Bubby was amazed by.


I love this picture because the cup is almost as big as he is. It is really hard to train babies not to push the water cooler buttons.

The girls got to go to a young men's activity at church with their daddy. They got to partake in an astronomy lesson presented by one of the boys and they made edible spaceships as the closing project.

They had so much fun. Look at Kiera as she gazes lovingly at her ship.

Cambria drew this picture. A bad guy being arrested by two policemen. All of them are very upset. I love the dress on the police woman.
This of course, is a family portrait. We all look that beautiful in real life. She really captured a great likeness.

Bubba has discovered what crayons are for. We have small samples of his artwork throughout our house on various surfaces. His new skills also include climbing (up the ladder to the bunk bed, up the slide (not the ladder), on various toys and a kitchen stool.) We have had to put many new safeguards in place. I didn't really have to worry about climbing with Kiera. Her heart was willing but her little body was too fat. She never had the arm strength to hoist herself to forbidden levels.
Look how proud his new skill makes him. Our next step is to get rid of the pasi!
P.S. I've been tagged by three people - so that will be coming soon. Okay, all you taggers- I will play your game!

6 comments:

HaYn Mama said...

my son is wanting your daughters' space ships. So fun!

Leah said...

Lol! I am slowly awaiting the tantrum days too.. I'm hoping it will be at an older age but you never know. I love the girls activity it's super cute and yummy looking! I love Cambria picture of the family, I love when kids do family pictures!!

And discovering crayons! Man I wouldn't know what to do!

Leah said...

Rules: Find the Fourth Picture in the Fourth File and post it.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I'm glad you posted those pictures of Bubba. He is a doll. And it's fun to see what I have to look forward to. Your girls' drawings are very good, I love seeing kids pictures. Those treats they made look good...I miss the days of using as much candy as possible to decorate treats.

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

It seems as though your boy has been very busy! I loved Cambria's pictures.

Stephanie said...

These are great pictures and you captured some fun memories. Gotta love crayons and pictures and climbing...and babies with big cups!! I love Cambria's picture and how she put the names. She's a good little artist...I think she and Saydria would have fun drawing and coloring together!! :)