My brother Elder Hendrickson wrote an email to Kai that said something to this effect: please take my little brother surfing over Thanksgiving break. Please show him a good time.
My brother Ryan finally caught a wave then jumped off of the board into the shallows and landed on a stingray- it stung him. He said it felt like hot metal piercing his skin. He was in misery but he didn't want to ruin Kai's surf session so he offered to sit on the beach and wait. Kai of course refused the offer and took him home right away. The remedy for this excruciating event: soak your foot in the hottest water that you can stand for 30 minutes, This neutralizes the protein. If it causes so much pain that you can't sleep then you need to seek further medical attention.
I can't wait to see the email that Kai sends to my brother Chris recounting the event.
Now onto the rest:It was quite the whirlwind weekend. We spent Thanksgiving in California. It was a last minute decision that I am glad we made. My mom had the family dinner at her house this year and it was really nice because Kai and I didn't have to pack the kids in the car and travel to several different places to enjoy turkey. Thanks Mom! It was such a great time! Since our family is so large now, we don't all get together like we used to and I really miss seeing everyone. Sadly, this is the only picture I took at the Thanksgiving party. My cousin Tiffany and my little Kiera!





15 comments:
Your kids are so adorable! I am so sad our timing didn't work out to stop by on Thanksgiving :( Are you coming back for Christmas? We have plans to be with my family but maybe we could find a time to see you!
Aw it's looks like you had a bunch of fun! I am so glad that you decided to go!! I love that Chris sent that email.. you've gotta post what he says to Kai reply. I've never been stung by a sting ray but can only imagine what it feels like!!
I'm glad you got to see Gigi we miss her very much!
i wish we could have seen you at thanksgiving. maybe christmas??? love the pic of tiff. i miss everyone. i wish we all lived closer. and that is horrible about the stingray!
What a fun adventure for Thanksgiving....it looked nice & warm too :)
The turkery fryer was so easy. The initial cost was a little out of the pocket, but the overall use will pay it off quickly. The fryer was for a turkey up to 14lbs & then we bought peanut oil. I think it was about $15 for 3 gallons, but the fryer has a strainer for the oil so you could use it for another 5 turkeys I think. The fryer was about $100 at Sportsmans. They have them everywhere though. Highly rec. a fryer- so easy & clean too.
If you come visit that would be SO MUCH FUN!! There is no reason to stay at a motel though. We'll have our basement done by then that will have a least a couple of rooms, plus we have an extra bed in our office. Our school district is Kitsap County. Here is a website- http://poulsbo.net/schools/
index.htm
We are thinking of going back to Vegas in the Spring. That would be a fun time for us to make a drive to see you guys too.
Let me know if you ever want the info about Disneyland :) And please take me with you when you go!
Those horses look like so much fun! I loved the pictures of your kids riding them. Sorry if I'm a little behind on commenting...I always forget to check your blog since it's private and for some reason my blog roll thinks the last time you updated was 6 months ago.
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!
So crazy! I never knew how to treat a sting from a sting ray... I would have just peed on it like all other stings from ocean creatures. So good of Kai to take care of your bro.
I've got some simple panipopo recipes for you. I'll post it tomorrow on my personal vox blog. Sorry I didn't do it sooner... I've been on a little blog vacation.
OH I would have loved to have gone horseback riding with you!
I can't believe the horrible luck of the stingray. That's horrible.
Glad you got to go back and see so much family. Isn't there so much to be thankful for?!
Oh my gosh...poor guy. I feel so bad for him. What was Kai thinking, taking him into the ocean like that?! :) ha ha But that really is bum luck.
Glad you guys had a fun time in CA for Thanksgiving. I was on the phone with Naomi the other night and she was saying they've been having a hard time getting a hold of you for like the last few years. I gave her your info in case she didn't have the updated stuff. :) We miss you more though.
It sounds like a very fun-filled thanksgiving! Except for the getting stung part...wow, sounds very painful!! The kids look so cute on the horses...did you and Kai get on them too??
What a fun Thanksgiving! Sorry we didn't cross paths. =( But I'm so glad you had a happy holiday! Sorry about the sting ray... at least the ones around here are a little less fierce than in other areas. Matt did miss seeing him at church on Sunday though. He is enjoying working with the YM. I enjoyed his talk a few weeks ago too. And your mom sang a beautiful song while she played guitar in RS a few weeks back. What a talent! How lucky for us to be in the same ward!! =)
so sorry about your brother!! that's not fun..it happens to the best of them:)..and your cousin looks like brittney spears..i had to take a double take to make sure it wasn't..ha!ha! sounds like you guys had a good thanksgiving and it was fun looking at all the pictures:)
I emailed you that article we talked about today.
I've tagged you on my post. See my blog to know what to do. Love ya!
Wow, I haven't visited for awhile and have lots to catch up on! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment