This post is copied from my friend who copied it from her sister, Amberly. I have a portion of it here, but check out her blog for the full deal. I think this is a great idea!http://jasonandamberly.blogspot.com/
"I think it is polite to send a thank you note.
(Even if I have failed to send you a much deserved thank you note I still think it is polite to send a thank you note - hey, I'm not perfect.)
(Even if I have failed to send you a much deserved thank you note I still think it is polite to send a thank you note - hey, I'm not perfect.)
And seeing how it is November and all - the month for gratitude - I decided to send my Commander-in-Chief a little thank you love. I was thinking about this quote, "...The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined..." (full article here) and I thought what, my friends, is more tender, kind, and refined than a lovely homemade thank-you card with a thoughtful expression of gratitude? By the by, I called the White House today to make sure that mail can really get to the President and I was assured that it would. I am not kidding, I really called the White House and I even blushed a full crimson blush as I talked to the switchboard operator. So get going, send a card, and pass this on."
"I too hate that President Bush is being blamed for things that are not in his control. Check out the following article....I found it interesting."
Now go check out Amberly's blog... http://jasonandamberly.blogspot.com/
Address:
Mr. President George W. Bush
White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, DC 20500
Also . . . another friend challenged us to find something to be thankful for something everyday. Since this is the appropriate month for thanksgiving I wanted to play along.
So as of yesterday:
November 5- I am immensely thankful for my three children. I feel so blessed to be able to be a stay at home mommy because I know that little ones grow quickly and soon they will be big ones who don't need me so much. They teach me and make me laugh and even though it isn't always easy, I am so happy that they are mine.
November 6- I am thankful for the St. George Temple! I spent many a summer sitting on the long, grassy green lawns staring at the beautiful, white, steep stair cases dreaming about what it must look like inside. It is the first temple that was finished. Can you imagine how many noble saints and prophets have walked its halls? Well, today I was able to go as an escort to a friend who was taking out her endowments. At one point I was left in the bridal room to wait for her. To say that the room was beautiful is completely inaccurate. It was more than that. The attention to detail is exquisite. I was overcome with emotion because this was truly the fulfillment of a life long dream.
Your turn . . .count your many blessings.





3 comments:
That's a nice post Amy, and a good idea. We definitely take for granted all the good things that happen, but when things go bad, we're so quick to complain and blame.
I'm so going to make a thank you card for Pres. WW Bush. I seriously love the guy and have always wanted to give him a BofM with the captain Moroni scriptures highlighted. In fact your post gave me the courage to do that and I will.
I'll start doing my thankful posts today on my personal blog.
Thanks again Amy for the inspiration!
yay I love george and am sad to see him leave the white house! Obama who???? 4 years until we get a new rep. president back in the white house...I refuse to believe that such an idiot will be ruling our country. Can I say...SATAN in disguse. Hey our sign holding paid off YES ON 8 WON!!!!!!!!!! No more gays getting married now thats a good day right there!
Post a Comment