Saturday, June 7, 2008

She's a Cullen!

It's been a while since Kiera has taken some time off for a feeding. Can you see those dark purple bruises under her eyes.
Okay, so my three year old daughter is not really a Cullen vampire, this is actually how she came home from the city pool. Whenever she and Cambria open their eyes underwater in chlorine pools they get this really strange reaction. We try goggle but they still get a little water in them. So we usually end up flushing their eyes out with water for a few minutes as they scream.

So, about my favorite vampire family, the Cullens, I am so excited and yet sad for the 4th novel, Breaking Dawn, to come out. Excited for obvious reasons and sad because it will end the series. I wish it could just go on forever. The day I bid farewell to Bella and Edward will be a sad one indeed. They kept me company all throughout my long, semi-bed rest pregnancy. I also don't know how I exactly feel about the Twilight movie that will come out in December. My cousin said that she is prepared to be disappointed and I have to admit that I feel much the same way. Only time will tell.

I did enjoy Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host. It took me a little while to get into but it sure takes you on a long, epoch journey and I like that. It will be added to my list of favorites. I think I'll read it again.

This is my son, in a pink car. That is also Kiera's hand. She couldn't wait to jump in the picture with him. He's too young to care about color right now, but later will tell him that it takes a real man to feel secure in a pink car. Poor guy has no choice. He can blame it all on birth order when he gets older. But for now, he thinks it is the coolest way to travel.

12 comments:

Nicole said...

I have started the books over again. I too, can not wait for the last one to come out...but I have heard that she will contunie the story, just not from Bella's or Edwards point of view. So maybe from her kids point of view? We shall see what happens in the next book.

Love the pink car! That will be a great story in his teen years!

My Many Coloured Days said...

What a fun update! I wanna see some of those wrinkles? - I'm sure they're all smiles!

Tiffanyk10 said...

I have the red and blue car just like that. We can trade if you want, so Ava can have a pink car and Bubba can have a manly car lol

Sunnie said...

i liked the host, too, in a different way than the twilight books. it wasn't quite as intense, but still a good book. i like her writing style. i'm reading it again right now. i've thought about reading some of the twilight books again before august just to get back in the twilight frame of mind because it's been awhile. we'll see if i actually do. i'm excited to see what happens in the end. should be good!

The Framptons said...

I'm a bit scared about being disappointed in the movie as well but also very anxious for it. I haven't read the host for the same reasons. Your girls are so cute and your son is so handsome

Becca & Joel said...

I'm SOOOO sorry about my blog invitation. I used amydavis12, but must not be the right e-mail address for you anymore? When I replied to your message, it came back as undeliverable to the kaiidaviw12 address. Anyway, so sorry - you're totally invited! Tell me if you don't get the invitation this time and I'll keep trying!

The Five that Jive said...

Amy, Stephenie Meyer was on a local talk show here and she said that she is going to continue the story...just not from Bella's point of view...but she did say that Bella's story would be resolved. So that kinda scares me...but you're right...it will be different and sad for "her" story to end. Your little guy looks so cute in that pink car!!
Lindsey J

The Dean Family said...

love the pink car..you're right..he doesn't know the difference & if he has fun in it that's what matters:)

austin and cherisse said...

okay I love your girls hair I just want to touch those awsome curls. Kenzie keeps asking me when she can go play with the girls. So let us know the next time you are down this way we need to get them together for a beach day!

Shauna said...

YEAH! I'm on and now I can catch up on all the fun updates from you family. Hope all is well.

libbie said...

I can't wait for the 4th book either. I too love the pink car!

Kami said...

Thats crazy about your girls eyes I have never heard of that before. I just discovered my Kai is allergic to movie theatre popcorn.He throws up every time as I finally realized. I don't get it as he eats popcorn at home...must be the butter or something.