Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What Not To Wear, kind of

Oh, how I wish Stacy and Clinton would knock on my door and give me $5000 dollars and a trip to New York to buy some new clothes. I could really use a whole new wardrobe.

That is really not what the bulk of this post will be about,but I just saw the show and wished for a shopping spree that didn't involve Walmart.


Besides noticing all the dirty fingerprints that are streaked across this TV, do you see what vegetable is sitting in front of it? A potato. That's right a potato. While my little ones were napping I prepared to pop my favorite workout video in and noticed a rouge spud. Why on earth is Idaho's best sitting in front of the TV. Does this ever happen in your household?
We have captured some funny little moments with our new camera. We splurged and bought a canon rebel. I am so excited about it. The picture above captures how my little Cambria fell asleep after a long days swim. . There were too problems this night. 1) It was not dark enough outside for her to go to sleep and 2.) her eyes were burning from the chlorine. So, lucky for her I won some fuzzy blind fold and matching hand cuffs from a bridal shower. She was able to use the blind fold to block out the light. The solution for the chlorine was to get a damp wash cloth and tuck it under the blind fold. SO funny. I couldn't believe she actually fell asleep this way. The blind fold apparently wasn't made to get wet however, because when she woke up, she had black dye smeared across several places on her face.
Today, we were running late for bed time so I told Kiera to take her chocolate milk and go hop in my bed and I would be in shortly. When I went to see her, I realized that Cambria had already beat me there and was singing lullabies as Kiera obediently closed her eyes. It was so cute. Kiera just looks like a lump in the bed, though.
Below, I was just having fun with my new camera and thought I would post a few of the new pictures I took. My Sister-in-law Candy was helping me figure out some of the features. I think I need to enroll in some kind of class just to teach me hoe to operate this camera.

Kiera told me I have "cracky eyes." I have recently, regretfully learned that "cracky" means wrinkly.
On a happier not, my little boy says, "mamama." I am so excited. My two girls both said "dada" first.
Speaking of Walmart shopping sprees, (I know, Its really sad) I got 5 new dresses for Cambria for $5 dollars each. I think I will save one for Kiera when she gets older. But I am trying to build up a school wardrobe for Cambria.
I was trying the "blur the background" technique in this shot.
This one too. Kiera and Cambria were catching bugs and then putting them into the "otter pop" wrapper and calling them fish. They love to take pictures of bugs.
What a sad picture to end on. A bug.
On a completely different note, we have been having really weird weather. WE are usually well into the 100+ degree weather here ad for some reason we are not. We have even had a few strange storms blow through, including a hail storm last week. I am not sad about the lower than average temperature, but with all the natural disasters happening lately, it leaves Me with an ominous feeling. Like I should be preparing for something. I think I need to update my food storage and stock up on water.
Peace, out.

5 comments:

Leah said...

I'm so glad you posted a new post! I love seeing all the pictures and stuff going on out there! Don't you love your Canon!? Mine is similar to that one and I would die without it, it's got so much you can do! Your so lucky your little one said "mama" I have this horrible feeling mine will be saying "dada" way before "mama" lol No pictures :( I was half asleep and in such a rush. Total bummer.

Sunnie said...

so glad to see the blog again! i was sad i couldn't see it. sorry about your little niece (??) who passed away. that is really hard to hear about stuff like that. i think i would have cried a ton that last night, and i'm not even related. love the new camera. what a fun thing.

The Dean Family said...

i love your fingerprints on your tv...my tv looks just like that! and i'm starting to get cracks on my eyes too! and what girl wouldn't want a $5000 shopping spree..that would be so fun!

The Five that Jive said...

You are doing really good with photography...I'm impressed. Your girls are so adorable...mine love chocolate milk also. Your little guy is so cute...we're trying to get ours to start talking...so far all he says is "ga"...hopefully soon. Have a great weekend!
Lindsey J

Stephanie said...

Looks like you are on your way to a career in photography in my opinion. Maybe I should wreck my camera so that we can get a new one because "something's wrong" with the old one. :) That's so cute that Cambria was singing Kiera to sleep, love those tender moments. Little Bubba is darling and he must love his mamama! Cute cute cute kids there Amy!