Sunday, June 22, 2008

The first official Day of Summer

Strange, its seems summer has been upon us for quite sometime. But today really is the first official day of summer. I have been reading so many blogs lately and I marvel at the creativity of the authors to transform seemingly mundane daily routines into moments of humor, triumph and sweetness. It makes me realize how talented all you bloggers are. Some of you could be writers!

This is my little pup. He is 9 months old. It makes me kind of sad to reach this milestone because it feels like the last trimester of babyhood. I love babies. Love their innocence and love and smiles and the fact that they can't yell at you or disobey. I love all their firsts and the miracle of life that is displayed in their every breath. We really wanted more babies and the thought that this sweet boy just might be my last makes me savor every morsel of him that much more.

He is starting to walk while holding onto furniture and stand unassisted. It really is so cute and his sisters get a kick out of him, and visa versa.
When I saw this event the first ting that popped in my head was this:
Q: What did the Mexican say to the house after it fell on him?
A: Get off me holmes!
I think that I used to think it was funny. I am am half Hispanic so you don't half to think I am being racist or anything!:) Bubba was trying to use the house to help him stand and obviously it didn't work.


The city next to us just got this new little water feature at their park. I wish every park had these. It is so much fun. It will definitely help us enjoy these hot days!

Bubba in the buff.
Friday night we went to a little friend's b-day party. It was really fun and wouldn't you know that we forgot out camera! It was a puppy party for a three year old. The kids got there faces painted and then got to don some homemade doggy ears, painted their own little puppy statue, and then beat down a puppy pinata in the house (because it was too hot out side!) It was so creative. The little paper bags that they collected their candy in were labeled "doggy bags." SO cute. Cambria wants to do a horse theme for her next birthday and incorporate the same ideas.

Despite the look, Kiera wasn't mad. For some reason this is the look that went with the puppy role.


In other news, our kids have been rockin' out to Camp Rock this weekend. We have heard several versions of, " this is real, this is me, this is exactly where I'm suppossed to be . . ." around our house lately. Kiera was singing at the top of her lungs, " this is me, this is me, this is me, this is me . . ." I love hearing them unabashedly sing their hearts out. I hope they always do that.
Lastly, there have been a few issues to arise. Every time Kiera sees me hug or kiss Kai she immediately runs to me and says, " Mom, don't love Daddy, love me!"
So today, Cambria said, " Mom, I don't want you to marry Daddy."
me: "If I didn't marry Daddy then I wouldn't have you or Kiera or Bubba."
Cambria: "What do you mean?"
Me: I had to marry Daddy to get you.
Cambria: "Oh . . . I don't know who I will marry (rather forlorn).
Me: You probably don't know him yet. I bet you'll meet him in college. That is where I met Daddy.
Cambria: (feeling much better) Oh, Okay.
We've been to two wedding in the last two weeks. Happily ever after seems to be weighing heavily on her mind.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (big sigh), and she isn't even a teenager yet.

7 comments:

Sunnie said...

your little boy is the cutest!!! isn't it sad when they get older? i felt sad when jada turned 11 months. it seemed so old to me. and now she's 1 and looks so big sometimes. i'm excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

Nicole said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party! I love all the pictures, and you are a good writer too, I always enjoy checking in on your family! Thank you!

By the way I email you my phone number, and I really want to talk to you, so call me, or email me you phone number!

Talk to you soon!

Nicole

Tiffanyk10 said...

Amy, I always love reading your blog. I miss you guys so much!! As for our kids names .. I think they should go by Bubba and Sassy. I can see it on a wedding announcement now..... hahah.

JoAnna Anderson said...

I know the feeling of seeing your little last baby grow up. I feel that way about my oldest too! Sometimes I look at them & think....how in the world did you get so big?! How did you learn to do that?! I love your blog too, so just keep doin' what your doin'!

We are in Poulsbo,Wa. It is on the other side of Seattle. It is so beautiful here. The greenery & water is unreal. What is cool is right in front of John's parents house, huge freighters go by & creat these PERFECTLY MELLOW & SMALL waves. We can't wait to bust our our surf boards for a quick ride! There are plenty of surfing places for Kai-for real though! Oh, it would be so fun for you guys to live here! Maybe a visit to explore the area is due!

Danielle said...

Ooooh!! Your little family is just so dang cute! I can't believe baby Kai (or bubba, is it?) is 9 months already. It's sick how fast it goes by. You guys are off to a fun summer already. Jealous!

Megan said...

I love the conversations with the kiddos- I need to write mine down too so that we can remember them. Your family is way too cute!

Leah said...

Way cute puppy dog faces! I love face painting!