Last year we had snow. It was so exciting. It wasn't thick, or deep. And it didn't last very long, but it covered everything. It was a few glorious hours of fun and excitement. It makes me wonder . . . would I like to live where it snows? For most of my life the answer would have been "no." I would have said I like to visit the snow but I would never want to live in a place where it snows.
Now that I have lived in the hot, desert for three years, I am starting to reconsider.
It might be fun to live in a place where the leaves changed color in the fall, and Christmas was accompanied by snow, and spring brought a new growth of flowers.
But where would I choose to live? I want to be somewhat close to my parents. Close enough to make a weekend trip if we wanted. So where would that be? Big bear? Cedar City? Kai grew up in Northern Idaho. The summers are beautiful, but the winters supported my argument for only wanting to visit snow.
On the other hand, my desires to live near a beach are pretty strong too. Probably stronger. Maybe I need a summer home and a winter cabin.





6 comments:
I agree you need both a beach house and a winter house! Its good to see you still have time to blog- that gives me hope that it wont be too crazy when the third arrives!! congrats on your new little guy- he is darling!
Girl, I live in the snow and I hate it. But that's just me! I grew up near the beach and in the desert so the snow isn't my friend. However, we chose to stay in the snow for the time being and I must look at the bright side which is I love sledding and having snow ball fights. I think we'll build a snow fort this year and have a paint ball war in our yard.
I like your idea of having a beach house. Which beach would I choose, hmmmmm?
Aloha!
I do have to admit that seasons keep me sane! Maybe that's why I went crazy in Hawaii!!! Tell Kai I strongly recommend Canada for the winter house!
it snowed here on our first christmas eve in texas. nothing like utah, but amazingly great for houston! and i'm with you on the whole seasons debate. in texas we have two seasons- hot and not so hot. basically summer and mild winter. i love the mild winters, but don't love the humid summers. sometimes i miss utah weather. but i don't know about living in the snow- i'm still undecided. i do miss the beach, too.
Oh what I would give to be back in the desert again. Maybe we should change houses for a while? The leaves are changing to orange and yellow right now, and in a month or so we should have snow. You can come live here for the winter, as I HATE the snow, and then you can go back in the summer to the desert. LOL
Sound like a plan??? I know I would LOVE it!!!(but then I might not come back here in the summer)I guess it is time to convince Isaac we need to move back out that way SOON!!!
I was born and raised in So. CA and love it. I did live in CO for one year as a young adult and loved that, too. But I was unattached with no kids. I did learn to ski and play racquetball, which I still love. But I would rather live in The O.C. and visit the cold for short trips for the rest of my life. Love, Sherrie
Post a Comment