Friday, February 3, 2012

The Hulk Impersonator

Malachi loves superheroes. He spends most of his days trying to imitate heroic acts he's seen in the movies. Malachi has a little sister who adores him. She would rather play with Spiderman than My Little Pony. At the dinner table Kai will sometimes pretend that something has made him mad which causes him to turn into the hulk. He looks just like this:
Yeah, that isn't Kai. But you can tell she has picked up on the action. She is about to turn into The Hulk. Raia is truly hilarious.

Cambria participated in Skipper of the School today. Can you jump rope for a hour? I can last three minutes. The girls timed me. Then I had to run to the bathroom. Cambria lasted seven minutes. The boy who won in her grade lasted just under an hour. Amazing.

Cambria was so funny because she was totally trying to have multiple conversations while she jumped. She was talking to me about her day and talking to other kids about who they all thought would win. She really didn't seem to be exerting any effort.

But, alas, the rope got caught on her hair. She wasn't sad though thank goodness. She was just having a good time:)


We were happy to support her.

Cambria and her friend


In other news, Kiera lost another tooth and now we can't find it. We are thinking that she swallowed it since she noticed it's absence while eating pop corn. I told her I would give her a dollar since the tooth fairy would have no tooth to claim.


And also, I think it is strange where one can find comfort. Today Raia had to take a nap holding a bottle of her Dad's shaving cream. She must miss him. He has been away a lot since it is basketball season:)

Lastly, Kiera had a friend over from school today and we made some quick and easy Valentine's Day crafts. 1. a decorative plate 2. Heart Shaped Crayons 3. Wooden blocks with tissue paper and paint:) It was fun. I used to do this kind of stuff with my kiddos all the time. I need to start doing it again.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

How do you make those cute heart crayons? You are such a fun Mom!

Amy said...

I am posting a how to on my craft blog tomorrow:)