This season the hottest thing in footwear is the boot! Can't choose the pair you like the best? No problem, mix 'em, match 'em, anything goes in 2012! Don't forget that a girl is no better than her best accessory. Bracelets and necklaces are a must, but the absolute hottest item to tote around with you, dangling from the mouth is your big sisters toothbrush! Go ahead! Be bold! Work it!


Did I tell you how much we loved
New Year's Eve? WE celebrated the
New Year at 8:00 with fireworks and went to bed at 9:30. It was wonderful:) I guess that is
a symptom of old age, being excited about going to bed early.

Do you love our old water heater in the background? What about our pool ladder? The kids use the pool ladder to jump on the tramp . . . the water heater has no excuse to have over stayed it's welcome for so long.



We also threw snap caps and
Raia was so pleased to get in on the action! It was so
cute to
see her throw them from her high chair!

We step on these for days after.

I also made a fun New Year's resolution book for us to record our resolution's from year to year.

Here is where we stand:
Kai: read all of the standard works before 2013
Amy: Exercise at least 3 times a week/Finish BOM again/Read Ensign Each Month
Cambria: To play volleyball in Hawaii for one year/To eat more French Toast than Daddy and to beat him at every game we play.
Kiera: Do fireworks every New Year
Malachi: Do fireworks every New "Thor"
Raia: To learn how to talk/ To turn 2 year's old

I just wanted a better shot of the cute little stockings I made- for posterity's sake:)

I will also miss how cute this shelf is . . . I'll have to find other cute things to replace the
xmas decor.
Raia's hair is now long enough to put in a little rubber band. It is also getting very curly. It is doing exactly the
same thing as
Cambria's did which means that she gets lots of fuzzy tangles and she already cries every time she gets her hair brushed. I can see the future laid out before her and it
involves lots of tears and
detanglers.

She loves to play peekaboo

We went to an awesome birthday party for one of
Bubba's little friends. This little friend shares and affinity for superheros and so the theme for his party was a superhero training camp! It was awesome. You had to jump threw hula hoops, crawl through a
tunnel, then . . .

punch down a wall and then run straight through to the bounce house! It was so fun for the little guys!

Jodie did this to her pantry door and I so want to copy her! Maybe I will do it to the door that leads to my master bathroom.

I have also recently fallen in love with the 50mm prime cannon
lense . . . my heart goes
pitter patter just thinking about it.

Do you see how beautifully blurred the background is . . . sigh.

We also went to my nephews birthday and his mama made these cute little barn yard cupcakes!
Bodee, one of the boys in Kai's
YM's program made some chain mail (
sp?) and brought it over for
Bubba to try. Look at that smile! Isn't he precious! That chain mail was so heavy! It was way heavier than
Raia and she way 26 pounds!

Kai had to try it too . . .

I also made these little journals for my two oldest girls. I was looking for away to increase the communications between us in a fun way and I saw this great idea on
pinterest! I will be featuring the idea tomorrow on my craft bucket blog, but for now here it is. We write little notes to each other every day and the book is left under the girls' pillows. I will take the opportunity to write all the positive things I love about them and all the positive interactions I see the do throughout the day. It will be our little love book and I hope it will bring us closer together:)

That is all for now!
P.S. Shannon is hosting a fun blog hop give away on our
craft bucket blog. There are prizes like
TGI Friday's
GC, hair
accessories, Shannon's cloth diaper, cute children's bedside , bracelets and more. It is open until Feb 8
th
No comments:
Post a Comment