Friday, August 26, 2011

My Friend Jenny and Beach Bon Fire





Life for me at college was wonderful. Life for me in Hawaii was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. A lot of those good times had to do with the little lady in this photo. Well, not the little lady, but the little lady's mama.

My friend Jenny. She was my roommate, my best buddy and partner in crime. Now she is a mama of twoand wife to one and still lives in California. I was so happy to visit with her and swim with her in this awesome pool.

This is her other cute little girl.




This is Kai in action, dunking Raia . . .

Here she is spitting out the water . . .




A slide, a diving board, a super deep end and a shallow end? Sign me up for a giant pool like this. I know we have enough room in our backyard!










Are you in there?


We also visited the Children's Museum and the kids got their faces painted.





Bon Fire at Huntington Beach

Growing up in California the beach was always a favorite get-away. Even more fun than frolicing in the waves all day was watching the sun dipdown into the ocean and continue the fun into the night. Roasting marshmallows was always fun to do with friends. I love being able to do it now with my kids.Growing up in California the beach was always a favorite get-away. Even more fun than frolicing in the waves all day was watching the sun dipdown into the ocean and continue the fun into the night. Roasting marshmallows was always fun to do with friends. I love being able to do it now with my kids.








Bubba went missing


Has your heart ever stop beating in your chest? Mine did. For a moment Bubba was lost. He had been with my mom and had wondered off. The beach was crawling with people and I watch a lot of police shows so I always assume the worst.

To make matters worse. I had been walking from the water back to the fire pit with my neice Lexi, and now all of a sudden she disppeared too. I caouldn't figure out how that had happened since we were so close to the fire pit.

It turns out that Lexi "felt" like the Holy Ghost was prompting her to veer away from our fire pit and walk towards the neighboring fire pit. As she got closer she said she saw Bubba running around in circles crying. She realized he was lost. She wondered if she should go back to get me, but realized that if she did Bubba might wander even farther away. So Lexi decided that she would go get Bubba because it was better that they were both lost together rather than on their own.


We spotted their silhouettes two fire pits down and Cambria ran to get them. It was such a scary moment, but Lexi felt like the Holy Ghost was leading her to save Bubba and I have to tell you that I agree becasue I don't know how far Bubba would have wondered down the beach if Lexi hadn't of headed off to the next fire pit to get him. I feel so thankful to Lexi. I lay in bed that night thinking about how horrible it would have been to lose my little boy. What if Lexi had ignored the prompting to walk to the other fire pit? Those are the thoughts that can torture a mother's heart late at night. But luckily she listened to the still small voice inside of her. What a blessing.

Later, Lexi and Bubba were playing a short distance from the fire pit in the sand. But as I recently found out, you can still get lost when you are only a short distnace from "camp."
I warned Bubba not to leave the spot he was at and to turn around to see what our beach fire looked like. He said "Mom, it's okay! I'm with Lexi. She has the holy ghost!"







No comments: