Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School Blues . . .

I got an automated call today saying that one of my daughters immunizations were not up to date. This seemed odd to me since they wouldn't let her attend kindergarten without having had all her shots. I thought to myself, "Did they add more immunizations?"

I called the school to find out what immunization was not up to date.

The answer:

She was 4 days to young when she got her HEP B shot.

Are you kidding me?

I wasn't mad at the office ladies.

It isn't their fault.

This came from the state via the school district.


I called my pediatrician to ask her if four days really made a difference.

She said 4 days difference makes no difference at all.


There is no way I am going to give Kiera another HEP B shot to ease the mind of the state when my pediatrician says it is perfectly fine . . .


I have to wait until Thursday to see what the school nurse says . . . this is so dumb.

4 comments:

Sharie said...

I call these "hoops". It seems as though we are NEVER done jumping through them. If it's not one thing, it's another. I think it's just the governments way of keeping track of us and getting more $$ from us. Today was our first day of school. Kids came home happy with their schedules, teachers, and friends. I hope it holds. Happy school year!

Toshia said...

Sorry you have to deal with that!! I just had to get a MMR shot so I could go to college.. Keep all the records for your kids!! :)

RightHahn said...

Yeah - that's a super BOOOOOOOO!! Good luck, I hope everything works out!!

Sarah said...

That is really dumb! 4 days really...I am sorry! Good luck!