Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turning Six

There is a reason why I not only love Kiera, but why I like her. She never does what I think she will do. Her brain processes the world in a way that fills everyday with surprise. She is fun. She is sweet. She is sassy. Kiera's delivery was really difficult. There was so much pain that it was almost like an out of body experience. All I could see was blackness and it felt like the doctors were speaking to me through a really long tunnel.
Thankfully she was healthy and though the pain was intense, it was fleeting. I felt better in record time.
Kiera is my vanilla child and dearly hopes that Raia will turn out to be the same because she doesn't like being the only one with vanilla hair.
It has been a year full of surprises for Kiera. Kindergarten brought to light a version of herself that none of us were aware existed.
My child who hated any form of exercise became a competitor. She is constantly winning races and competitions at school. I never expected that:) I am pleasantly surprised.
In fact in Hawaii, She was the one who took to surfing the most. She stood up time after time, usually riding the waves until she hit the sand.
She likes tattoos and hates fruits and vegetables.
However she can now eat a small amount of corn and one green bean without throwing up or complaining . . . too much. It has taken a lot of practice.
Kiera loves to use big words like, literally.
Kiera thinks she won't turn six until she blows out her candle.
Kiera wants to be a mansion wife and often asks me what kind of a job she needs to get to make a lot of money.
She wants to live in the jungle.
When I paint her nails, each one has to be a different color.
She loves blueberry muffins, hold the blueberries.
Instead of taking cupcakes to her class today, she wanted me to make and bring cinnamon strudel muffins.
Kiera has had a vibrato since she was two. She loves to sing.
I love my little 6 year old so much and can't imagine life without her. She takes a mile a minute (although she is silent at school) and the house has been so quiet without her.

Happy birthday, Kiera!!

6 comments:

Tiffanyk10 said...

Happy Birthday Sweet girl!! That was an awesome post Amy. And what an amazing person she is! I can't believe our babies are turning six!

Amy said...

This is a priceless posting of words and pictures! You must publish! Love you lots and can hardly wait to be with you all soon!

Amy said...

By the way, that last posting wasn't from you........it was from me (Mom) no matter what it says! Love ya again! MOM

Amy said...

Kiera! I loved the birthday story your Mom wrote about you! I can hardly wait to see you tomorrow! Lets have a shopping trip! Love lots and lots! Grammy

Sharie said...

See, white girls can rule the world! Good job Kiera! Hope you have the best birthday ever.

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday Kiera!!!