I get that feeling when my airplane descends into the Honolulu airport. I feel like the land calls to me in a tune so familiar and sweet as it welcomes me home. I feel that way again when I drive on Kam Highway as I enter the boundaries of Laie. On Oahu, the sacred Cherubs strum ukuleles and chant in an ancient Hawaiian language.
I used to live here:
No, this house wasn't much. But it was my home and I loved it. It is on the famous Laie point. I could see the ocean out of every window, though sometimes I really had to work to do it. The sound of the surf lulled me to sleep at night. My husband proposed to me in the back yard on the cliff that over looks Bikini ( Clissold's) Beach.
I lived with wonderful girls and they felt like family. I could tell a hundred stories about this house and the people who lived in it. Maybe someday I will.





3 comments:
Hawaii is a beautiful place!
That is exactly how I feel when we go to CA. As soon as we are down the Cahon Pass it's home. The ocean breeze, the palm trees, the traffic and smog. As crazy as it sounds to someone not from there, I miss it. It is home.
For 11 days I thought A LOT about you! I hope the trip was fantastic!I can't wait to read more/see photos, etc!
OH!!! We can't wait to go back! (May will be our first time back!)
We need to time our trips better... I think you were in Salt Lake over CHristmas break the same days we were!!!
Hope you had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment