Monday, March 21, 2011

Red Eye

Have you ever had hundreds of people hate you all at once? If you answered yes then chances are you are either a politician or you have taken your kids on a very long airplane ride.
How could those sweet little faces be the subject of any one's hate you ask? Well, not all of them were. The two oldest children really were wonderful. They slept all over each other like little puppies. You see our plane took off at 2:30 AM. I really think there couldn't be a worse time. My two youngest children wanted to be asleep , in their own beds so that they could stretch their legs and rest their weary heads without any interruption from seat belt lights that ding when illuminated and announcements from flight attendants that really didn't need to be announced. They screamed a lot. You should have seen the faces of the passengers around us. It was a nightmare. They won't be going back for many years.

But thankfully all, that hatred and lost sleep led us to this.
(Deep, peaceful sigh)
The first day of our adventure was spent at Hukilau beach. If you lived in Laie or attended BYUH then you not only know how to pronounce the name of the beach, but you have many a memory involved with this beach.
(These pictures are a little out of order because for some reason my Hawaii pictures are finding themselves to be incompatible with blogger.)

But here is little Bubba, he frolicked in the waves until he could frolic no more and the lack of sleep from the red eye finally caught up with him. He fell asleep just seconds after this picture nestled in the sand with towels for blankets.

This little beauty didn't last long at all. Two down, two to go.


But go they wouldn't. They were having way too much fun in the water and the sand. They body surfed, made sand castles, attempted to dig to China and caught crabs.


Raia just blossomed in Hawaii. She learned to pull herself to standing position So we had to drop the bassinet in the travel bed, she learned to crawl on all fours and to push herself to a sitting position by herself. She also learned to eat fist fulls of sand at lightening speed so that her mother didn't have time to stop her from doing so. Fiber ain't got nothing on sand. Oh yeah, and she cut her first tooth.



It was so much fun to visit these two wonderful kiddos that we have missed so much. and for those of you who thought Bubba was their child, this baby is also not their child. This is Raia, a Davis child. You can't expect to look just look at pictures and get the whole story people!:)

We dearly love Chris and Sarah and had so much fun spending every second with them. They may not want children after being with us so much, but we sure appreciate how much they do for our kids. ( Notice they were wearing light jackets in this picture- funny isn't how you can become acclimatized- we thought it was so muggy and hot.)
Chris and Sarah have a very sweet and fun relationship. They don't just love each other, they really like each other. They are best friends, confidants and allies. I was so pleased to see how they interact with each other. Life is good in the Hendrickson home in Laie. By the way, their house is shoe box size and If I was their land lord I would feel ashamed of myself for the conditions I make them livein, in correspondence to the rent I make them pay. First of all, the land lords advertised A/C- not! They also make them turn off the gas to the stove when they are not using it- so they have to light it with a match every time, they have blocked the Internet site Lime Ricki AND the shower is the smallest I have ever seen. Chris says he never washes below his knees because he can't bend over to reach them! I asked him is he has to wash one half of his body at a time while the other half sticks out of the shower. I wish I had a picture of Chris standing in the shower, clothed of course- Geeka, can you do anything about that for me ?
Oh the other thing, they call each other Geeka and Caca. Sarah says she only call her husband Chris when she is mad. I hope he never hears his real name again:)

Raia wasn't too sure of the waves. Every time the water would touch her feet she would lift them into the air as seen in the photo above. It was slightly cool, but warmer than the California ocean in the summer. Don't worry she'll become a beach bum yet.
More of our trip is yet to come!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Amy I have had the worst time being happy since you left.. but this post makes me laugh. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you soon!!

Toshia said...

Raia is getting so big and she is beautiful!!

Sharie said...

I've been waiting to see pictures and read about your fun trip to Hawaii. I'm so happy you got to go and spend time with Sarah & Chris. I'm hoping we can go sometime while they are over there too. We miss seeing you guys around town and at church.

The Stevens Family said...

The kids are so cute! And seriously, Sarah's landlord blocked a website that sells modest swimwear?!