Friday, October 1, 2010

Three!

We seem to be sharing a lot of special days with Chris and Sarah. Raia was blessed on the day they got married and Malachi's 3RD birthday was the day of their open house.

We started with an early gift opening of Woody and Buzz, then we headed to the beach for a little sun and surf and then we went to the wedding open house.

Bubba also had a very small party the next day and Gigi and Candy and Lisa were able to join the rest of us.



Woody came a live and ate some of Bubba's cake.


The beautiful cake was made by Aunt Lisa . . . it was actually recycled from Chris and Sarah's open house. We just changed a few of the cake toppings. That is our way of going green:)

I love my little Bubba. Here are just a few reasons:
- He is so sweet!
-He does all his own stunts
- When he wakes up from his nap he yells "Mommy, mommy, mom!" all in one breath until I come get him even though he is perfectly capable of getting out of bed himself.
- He holds my hand when we walk down the hall so "monsters won't get me."


Bubba had been asking for Woody and Buzz Light Year ever since the fateful day he saw then in the toy aisle. Everyday he would ask if we could go to Walmart and get "Wooky and Buzz Ligh-yer". And everyday the aswer was the same, had to wait until his birthday.
As his special day approached we'd say "It's almost your birthday!" and then he would say "and then I can get "Wooky and Buzz Ligh-yer" from Walmart."
The morning of his birthday I gave him a big hug and said Bubba, today is your birthday. He looked a little confused because we were at Grammy's house. He said "Today?"
He stood up and began walking to the front. "Let's go to Walmart and get oand Buzz Ligh-yer!"
He was over joyed when I told him we already had them!

We spent a the next few hours at the beach so that Bubba could surf for his birthday. It was nice to be there with the Petersen's.

This is the only picture I have of Bubba surfing! Maybe you could email me one Sarah.:)

Kiera getting ready to stand up.

Cambria, the queen of the wave! The water was freezing cold by the way.


I LOVE the beach!



Then the open house. I didn't get many pictures, I was too busy holding my baby:)
We had so much help thanks to my aunts and the Petersen's! The wedding decorations really got a lot of use since they were used for my cousin Greg's wedding originally, then Chris and Sarah's Mesquite reception and then the California open house!




This is my cousin Candi and her beautiful baby boy Benjamin. I think he is 6 months old.
This is the cake my Aunt Lisa made for the open house before we used it for Bubba's birthday. She is really very creative.

Close up. The palm trees and surf boards are made out of marshmallows.

Aunt Wendy made really good smoothies!

Finger foods and desserts!


Baby Raia with her wedding appropriate turquoise bow.


My Dad handled the really cute slide ow that Kim Thurston put together. It made me cry. I didn't get to see it the first time around.

That wraps up the wedding stuff! I think it is odd that I didn't get a single picture of the bride and groom! Sarah's hair looked really pretty!

2 comments:

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday Malachi!! I wish Abigail could have come to your party in CA! I am so glad you got your own Buzz & Woody!

Sarah said...

oh Amy.. it's hard to look at this stuff without crying. I had a blast though and cannot wait to come back!!